Business

Keep Your Family Safe With A Quality Electrician

Moving house can be a stressful time. There’s so much to consider and remember. Which box did we put this in? Where on earth is that thing?! It can take a very long time to finally feel at home.

worker puts the wires

Moving house can be a stressful time. There’s so much to consider and remember. Which box did we put this in? Where on earth is that thing?! It can take a very long time to finally feel at home.

Even when it feels like the dust has settled some of the seemingly secondary priorities can creep up on you. When moving into older houses it’s essential to get your wiring checked. Old wiring that hasn’t been properly maintained can often lead to dangerous situations, combine that with faulty or ineffective smoke detectors and you have a recipe for disaster.

Scarily enough, even though she thought the necessary precautions had been taken to keep her family safe, this unfortunate situation is what unfolded last month at the house of Glam Adelaide’s owner, Kelly Noble.

Kelly recently took us through the events and how the expert team at Davies Electrical have worked to fix the electrical works throughout her house.

On a night out with friends and family Kelly received a phone call from her babysitter to be told that the fan in her young daughter’s room had caught fire. The smoke alarms had not triggered, but luckily the family friend was still awake at the time and smelled the smoke coming from the bedroom. Thankfully due to her quick actions everyone got out of the house safely and no irreparable damage was caused to the property.

After talking to the senior firefighter at the scene though, Kelly learned that her smoke detectors (that were installed by a reputable insurance company) were in incorrect places throughout the house. He told her that smoke would have filled the room and very likely have killed her daughter, before the smoke alarm would have been triggered.

A daunting and terrifying realisation for the mum of two who thought she had gone to every appropriate measure to keep her family safe.

We at Glam are not telling this story to scare families, but instead educate people that there are great teams and services out there to help minimise these risks, and make your lives easier in the process.

Build a good rapport with your electrician and have them come around and check your electrical fixtures and wiring on a regular basis. Whilst replacing the faulty fans after the incident at Kelly’s home the expert team at Davies Electrical also installed several other fans, including a ‘marine grade’ outdoor fan (an essential for their beach-side residence) and checked their wiring.

Davies Electrical, launched by Managing Director Merv Davies in 1988, has now grown into one of Australia’s largest privately owned electrical contractors. Their team is expertly trained, cover all electrical needs that you can imagine (and probably some that you can’t!) and are always helpful and friendly.

Hot tip: leading in to the colder seasons is the perfect time to have an electrician come and assess your household or do those installations you’ve been putting off. It’s a much less busy time of year right now.

The team from Davies Electrical will happily come and install new smoke detectors and check all your fixtures to ensure your family is as safe as possible.

Call them on: 8376 3344

or

Visit their website at: davieselectrical.com.au

[adrotate banner="159"]
To Top