After the horror show that has been 2020, it’s important to have faith in your institutions. Which is why we’re stoked to announce that Adelaide’s icon of the late, late night, La Sing, has launched its very own Rockstar Lager.
Made in conjunction with the boys at Big Shed Brewing, the disco-flavoured can design has been done by Jason Makarenko, the Gouger Street venues new floor manager and partner in crime to original founder, Ung Shin.
Not shy about waving his creative wand, it was Jason who took it upon himself to ever so slightly revamp La Sing’s look during its enforced closure earlier in the year. Thankfully, they’ve been back open since July, and he says the lager is another chance at reinvention.
“2020 has been a tough year, but we have tried to keep reinventing ourselves.
“Earlier this year we launched our range of merch and this is the next progression of that. Now we can celebrate Christmas with our very own beer!”
Well known as a place to get down and dirty with everyone from A-listers to street sweepers, La Sing’s Rockstar Lager will sit nicely next to its muscle shirts, crop-tops, hoodies and trucker caps that they released back in October.
All items are still available from their online shop and could be the perfect Christmas gift idea for the Adelaidean with everything.
As for the beer itself, which was launched officially at an invite-only soiree on Sunday night, we think the label says it all:
‘La Sing Rockstar Lager was created to bring out you inner Rockstar. With refreshing malts and a spicy finish, be assured it will instil enough Dutch courage to belt out any song your heart desires! Our glowing label ensures you won’t lose your tinnie either!’
Classy as always, and perfect for when you’re about to go deep on John Farnham’s back catalogue with your besties — or three drunk office workers you just met.
Long live La Sing, and welcome to the world Rockstar Lager!
La Sing is at 261 Gouger Street and is now open early on Friday’s and Saturdays from 8pm. For all the latest updates and COVID regulations check out their Facebook page.
- Lost in a Forest’s famous Hot Honey is now for saleFrom the owner of beloved restaurant Lost in a Forest comes SA-based hot sauce company Hézues Hot Sauce, which really brings the heat.
- Adelaide to host 2023 NRL State of OriginSouth Australia will again welcome the biggest rivalry in Rugby with the return of the NRL State of Origin.
- Watch trapeze artists fly at twilight at this free Adelaide Fringe eventThe Adelaide Fringe will host a four-hour event with flying trapeze, street theatre, roving artists, fire twirlers and musicians on upcoming Fridays and Saturdays in North Adelaide.
- Immerse yourself in Thai culture at the Isan Thai FestivalThe Isan Thai festival is bringing dance lessons, cooking classes, Thai arts and crafts workshops as well as Muay Thai (Thai boxing), Isan folk dancing and more to Adelaide.
- Book Review: Welcome, Child! by Sally MorganPICTURE BOOK: Welcome, child! is Sally Morgan’s beautiful and heartfelt celebration of the love we feel for a new child.