Marion Council has been busy transforming its 44-year old pool into the biggest outdoor water park in Southern Adelaide. The progress of the renovations have been slowly revealed on social media, with the project now completed.
The upgrade will complement improvements that have been undertaken over the past three years, which included upgrades to change rooms, the kiosk, increased shade and storage areas, a renewed carpark, and reconfigured foyer and administration area.
The three-year project has cost a total of $4.5 million. Council provided $4.35 million of funding, and the State Government $150,000.
Construction is being undertaken by Australian company Swimplex, with the water play park featuring:
– 9.2 metre high x 20 metre wide centrepiece with four water slides, including one enclosed slide, tipping bucket containing 600 litres of water , and water cannons
– 59 sqm splash pad with non-slip surface, water jets and interactive features.
They’re also expanding the site size site by 1800 sqm to create a family area with:
– Three new barbecues
– Three new shade structures
– Picnic areas
- New paths across the site to improve access for people of all abilities
- Disability access drinking fountain
New play equipment will also be installed.
Marion Outdoor Pool reopens to the public on October 6th, 2020.
Stay up to date with the progress of the renovations on their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/MarionOutdoorPool/
The Marion Outdoor Pool is located on Oaklands Rd (corner Hendrie Street), Park Holme.
Photos: Marion Pool Facebook Page