Vegan Vietnamese restaurant Metta Sol has gained huge popularity for their plant-based spins of Vietnamese classics and every Wednesday this month former MasterChef contestant Ben Trobbiani has been guest chef-ing.
The fan favourite from the shows 2019 season has been giving the humble cauliflower a makeover with his three-set meal boxes for $28.
They’ve been a real hit and this Wednesday the 27th of May is the last time to get a taste of it.
The box includes:
- a semi-sourdough roll smeared with garlic spread, filled with chunky Crispy Fried Cauliflower, cucumber, pickles, coriander and drizzled with sweet chilli sauce.
- a zesty Cauliflower Leaf and Stem Salad mixed with steamed brown rice, crispy brown rice, and fresh herbs.
- tangy Salt and Vinegar Veggie Crisps.
Being ethically conscious and having a zero-waste approach to cooking is extremely close to Trobbiani’s heart and is what Metta Sol is all about.
The restaurant prides itself on playing with classic dishes in a way where you don’t miss the meat in the slightest just like in this cauliflower box.
The box is available between 4 pm-7 pm on May 27 and it must be pre-ordered.
This initiative was started when dining in wasn’t an option but of course with the recent lifting of restrictions, restaurants can have 10 diners inside and 10 outside this Wednesday so now the options there for you to enjoy your Cauliflower box eating in.
Trobbiani isn’t the only guest chef in the house on Wednesday.
Liv from ‘Liv a Little Gelato’ who is a legend in the Adelaide vegan dessert scene and has been serving up dairy-free goods since 2011.
She will be doing a dessert box also for $28 which includes:
- Petite Mille Feuille
- Lemon and White Chocolate Tart
- Baked Blueberry Cheesecake
- Pear Crumble
- Vanilla, Fig, and Dark Chocolate Gelato
There’s only a limited number of boxes available so remember to pre-order at https://www.mettasol.com.au/specials.