The Mitsubishi Motors Australian International 3 Day Event (MMAus3de) returns to Adelaide this weekend, and will showcase Australia’s Eventing and Jumping superstars hoping to qualify for Tokyo 2020.
Held in Adelaide’s East Parklands from November 14-17, the four-day equestrian festival features three elements of Eventing: Dressage, Cross Country and Show Jumping on the same horse throughout the event.
It is the only Concours Complet International (CCI)* five-star event in Australia, the only event of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere and one of only six held throughout the world.
This year’s event will also be a selection for the Eventing and Jumping Equestrian Teams for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, attracting some of the best horses and riders from across the Southern Hemisphere who will compete for their place on the national team.
Related: Enjoy The Ultimate Experience In The Coopers Blush Bar At Australia’s Premier Equestrian Event
Mitsubishi Motors Australian International 3 Day Event chairman Greg Rolton expects the 2019 event to be the largest on record – with both competitors and patrons.
“In 2019, the MMAus3de will attract some of the best performers across three categories who will all compete for their place at the 2020 Olympics,” Mr Rolton said.
“We are excited to be hosting so many inspiring individuals and horses and are incredibly proud to be able to showcase their talents in the Adelaide CBD – the only event of this type that is hosted in the heart of a vibrant city centre.
“The 2019 Adelaide event will also have the biggest prize pool in the Southern Hemisphere with more than $150,000 on the table. This hallmark equestrian event is going to be unmissable, so make sure to secure your tickets early” said Rolton.
“It is fantastic to welcome all the competitors to Adelaide for the Australian International 3 Day Event and to the supporters and fans who are looking forward to seeing some world class action in our very own Parklands,” Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment David Ridgway said.
“It is no doubt Australia’s premier equestrian competition, attracting top-class competitors who all want to be here at one of the most picturesque locations in the world.
“Of added importance this year is the newly announced Gillian Rolton Area, which is a wonderful acknowledgement of her dedication and contribution to the event and sport. This event presents a true challenge for horse and rider – as well as a great spectacle of speed, athleticism, style and grace – and I wish all competitors the best of luck” said Ridgway.
The MMAus3de takes place alongside other significant international five-star events, including the Kentucky Three Day Event in the USA in April, the Badminton Horse Trials in England in May, the Luhmuhlen Horse Trials in Germany in June, the Burghley Horse Trials in the UK in September, and the Pau Horse Trials in France in October.
The 2019 MMAus3de competition timetable includes:
- Thursday, November 14: Horseland CCI3*-L Dressage Day from 9am-5pm.
- Friday, November 15: Pryde’s Easifeed Dressage Day featuring RM Williams CCI4*-S and Mitsubishi Motors CCI5*-L Dressage, including the Dressage Masterclass, Horseland Rider’s Challenge, Cowgirl with Wings Trick Riding and ATCO Australia World Cup warm up class and Adelaide Equity Partners Jumping with the Stars Mini Prix jumping class from 9am-8pm.
- Saturday, November 16: Qantas Cross Country Day, including the SAP Cross Country Masterclass with Andrew Hoy, Adelaide Equity Partners Jumping with the Stars Mini Prix final and The Last Jump Party from 10am-11pm. Mini Prix Winner presentations at approx. 6:30pm in Gillian Rolton Main Arena.
- Sunday, November 17: Jumping Day commences with the TRM Horse Inspection at 8am, followed by the Horseland CCI3*-L and RM Williams CCI4-S jumping and presentations, ATCO Australia World Cup Jumping, finishing with the final jumping phase of the Mitsubishi Motors CCI5*. From 10am-5pm. Daily Winner presentations at approx. 4:30pm at the Gillian Rolton Main Arena.
Full details via https://australian3de.com.au/whats-on-2019-event-timetable/
And the social timetable includes:
- Friday, November 15: Ladies Day in the Chairman’s Lounge from 11am-4pm, followed by the Barrister’s Block Wine Down from 5pm-9pm.
- Saturday, November 16: Family Day with free face painting & balloon art, colouring-in in the ATCO Kids Corral, Agility Dog Display, Pony rides by Four Oaks in the Market Place and South Australian food and drinks. Entry is free for children on this day. Coopers Blush Bar in Rymill Park, frock up and watch all the action lakeside to the water jump, includes Barrister’s Block Wines, Coopers Beers and canapes from 10am-5pm
- Sunday, November 17: ATCO Kids Corral. . Chairman’s Lounge for five star ringside VIP action including 3-course meal and a selection of Barrister’s Block Wines and Cooper’s Beers.
“There is once again a huge selection of tickets on offer to ensure you have the best MMAus3de experience – from General Admission and the Giddy Up Club, to luxury and style in the Chairman’s Lounge VIP Marquee,” Mr Rolton said.
For more information about the event or to purchase tickets, visit www.australian3de.com.au