Mona Foma and Tourism Tasmania have just announced the biggest prize in Tasmanian festival history. They’re giving away an entire Air Mofo Boeing 737 to one winner—to fly to Launceston in Tasmania for the Mona Foma festival in January 2020.
To win the $99K prize, punters must find the purple and yellow Air Mofo party plane, hidden somewhere on Mona Foma’s online map of Tassie, at www.FindAirMofo.net.au. First person to find the plane, wins it—all 150 seats.
The eagle-eyed winner will have to choose 149 of their closest friends, family members, neighbours or strangers to fly with them from the mainland and attend the festival.
Clues to Air Mofo’s location can be found within the map, in festival ads and on the Mona Foma website; you can even subscribe for more clues.
The ‘Find Air Mofo’ winner will be announced on 15 October. The victor has a month to organise their 149 passengers.
Brian Ritchie, Curator, Mona Foma says, “In the modern world most of us can count our friends on the fingers of both hands. So you’ll need 30 hands if you’re gonna fill up your winning Air Mofo flight by finding the location of our Air Mofo jet. It’s located somewhere in Tasmania but not somewhere that starts with A, B or Z.”
Air Mofo passengers can expect more than your average plane ride, with Mona Foma inspired in-flight entertainment and performances making the trip one to remember. All passengers will receive a Festival Pass and a return flight home.
John Fitzgerald, CEO, Tourism Tasmania, says “I’m pretty sure this has never been done before. There’s probably a good reason for that. Nonetheless, hopefully this promo gets Mainlanders exploring every square satellite metre of our amazing island. Who knows where the plane is hidden? I don’t. They won’t tell me. I’d put it on a beach.”
Key competition information:
● Air Mofo website launches today, filled with clues to the plane’s location.
● Air Mofo subscribers will receive extra clues.
● The Air Mofo plane can be found from 10 October to 14 October. The first to find it, wins the plane (plus Festival Passes for all on board).
● Winner of Air Mofo is announced on 15 October.
● Total prize is valued at $99K.
● Winner is gifted the whole plane (for themselves and 149 passengers). Air Mofo will fly from Melbourne or Sydney and is set to land in Launceston on Friday 17 January to kick off the main festival weekend.
Mona Foma will take over Launceston from 11-19 January, 2020.
Air Mofo is a partnership between Mona Foma and Tourism Tasmania. Mona Foma is supported by the Tasmanian Government through Events Tasmania.
Start the search: findairmofo.net.au