These muffins are so moorish the kids won’t even know they are healthy!
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of melted butter or coconut oil (cooled slightly)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Fresh pepper ground
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup of red capiscum chopped finely
- 1 meduim onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cup chives sliced thinly
- Crumbed fetta or shredded cheese
- Chopped vegetables – zuchini, peas, cherry tomatoes, carrots
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a standard-sized muffin tin with parchment paper muffin cups.
Place the eggs into a blender and blend on low until they become whipped and increase in volume.
Add the coconut flour, coconut milk, melted butter/oil, arrowroot starch, sea salt, pepper, baking soda and baking powder to the blender. Blend until the ingredients are well incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides of the blender with a spatula as needed.
Pour the batter into a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, toss in the greens, onion, capsicum together.
Scoop the batter evenly into the lined muffin tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean. Top the finished muffins with chopped chives.
Muffins will keep up to one week in the refrigerator or can also be frozen. If freezing, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Recipe by Sydney Heaters and Pizza Ovens