South Australian Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier has announced two new cases of COVID-19 in the state today. The results of these tests came to her “very early this morning,” and both are linked to the Parafield cluster.
The first case is a child. This young person is a member of the original family linked to cluster. He was symptomatic, but had two negative tests before returning a positive one this morning. This case poses no risk to the community.
The second case is a man in his 30s. He is a casual contact of a previous case linked to the Parafield cluster. Because the state has been very cautious in terms of isolating close contacts and contacts of close contacts, this man has been in home quarantine. He will be transferred to medi-hotel with his family today.
Professor Spurrier said her team are currently “interviewing the man and his family to establish any new locations of interest.” None have been found so far.
Today’s new cases bring the total number of cases linked to the Parafield cluster up to 33.
The woman in her 50s who had been in hospital with COVID-19 this week as part of this cluster, has now been discharged.
5800 people are in quarantine in relation to cluster, and many of those people are due to finish their isolation this weekend. The timeframe for incubation is around 14 days, and Professor Spurrier said she had lots of staff ringing around to remind people they’re due to leave isolation. She wanted to remind people that to come out of quarantine, they needed a negative test to do that.
There are currently 19 active cases in the state, bringing our total number of cases in SA up to 561.
- SA COVID update: Full NSW border closure introduced with 100km bufferPremier Steven Marshall today announced the immediate border closure to NSW, as well as a 100km buffer along South Australia.
- Grab a free $200 Luxury Escapes travel voucher by getting vaccinated!Vaccinated? You can get a $200 Luxury Escapes voucher towards international travel if you’re among the first million Australians who have commenced their Covid-19 vaccination program prior to 30 September!
- SA COVID update: New border announcements for Victoria & NSWSA Police Commissioner Grant Stevens today announced that SA will lift border restrictions on Victoria while imposing isolation rules on NSW.
- SA border restrictions imposed for NSW hotspot visitorsThe announcement came this afternoon following the news of three positive COVID-19 cases in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.
- SA Health drops age for Adelaide COVID-19 vaccine eligibility with $86 million boostSA Health has lowered the age eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations in Adelaide, effective immediately.