Header image: SIMPLY SADE.
SIMPLY SADE’s Adelaide show has been rescheduled, and we simply cannot wait.
A tribute to SADE, the SIMPLY SADE show as part of the Umbrella Festival was initially set to take place at the God in Hindmarsh on Sunday, July 25. Now, because of lockdown, the show has been rescheduled for Sunday, August 22 from 2pm to 4pm.
The show is $28 and will feature SADE’s music, including SMOOTH OPERATOR and her funkiest and most loved songs of the 80s and 90s.
SIMPLY SADE (Umbrella Festival) Cancellation of SUN 25 July and Rescheduled for SUN 22 August.
Same Place – THE GOV, Hindmarsh, SA
Same Time – 2pm to 4pm
Different Date – SUN 22 AUG, 2021
Presented by Bonnie Lee Galea part of Umbrella Festival 2021, the show is just one of the festival’s many performances. The festival, back for its fifth year, celebrates South Australian music in the state’s winter months.
Despite many show cancellations, the festival is still trying to support SA artists, posting ways to help performers during the lockdown.
Here are some simple steps that you can take to support local SA music, according to the Umbrella Festival:
- Buy local band merchandise
- Stream/buy local music
- Ask radio stations to play Aussie music
- Spend your refunded concert tickets on future concerts
- Subscribe to live streams of concerts
- Donate to support act / crew care
- Donate to artist fundraising
- Write to politicians and ask for venue tax relief and other cost saving measures