South Australians who need personal hardship assistance, food relief and short-term accommodation advice can call a new, dedicated relief hotline which has been activated in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The COVID-19 Relief Call Centre is available to all South Australians.
The call centre will provide general support and connect people to services as needed, including:
• Personal hardship support, welfare checks and food relief, through organisations such as the Red Cross and Foodbank
• Emotional and wellbeing support
• Short-term COVID-19 accommodation advice for people who are unable to self-quarantine at home
Minister for Human Services Michelle Lensink urged South Australians who need support at this time to call the new relief call centre.
“We are all facing one of the most challenging times in our history – as individuals, families and as a community,” said Minister Lensink.
“The new COVID-19 Relief Call Centre is a dedicated hotline activated by the Marshall Liberal Government, set up specifically to help South Australians, whether that be with personal hardship assistance, food relief, short-term accommodation advice or emotional and wellbeing support.
“I urge any South Australian who needs support at this time to call the new COVID-19 Relief Call Centre for any advice and support they may need at this time – we’re here to help.”
COVID-19 Relief Centre is run by Housing SA and operates 8am to 8pm 7 days/week: 1300 705 336.
- Book Review: We are Bound by Stars, by Kesia LupoYA FANTASY: A tale of masks, politics, desire and deception that will have you gripped once again in Kesia Lupo’s rich fantasy world.
- ST. ALi Italian Film Festival : The Goddess of FortuneWhen their long-time friend leaves her two children with Alessandro and Arturo they are in the middle of a break-up. Will their relationship survive this extra burden?
- No new COVID-19 cases & no active cases reported in SAThere are no active cases in SA, and 464 people have been cleared of COVID-19.
- LOC to set up lo-fi wine bar in the CBDThe South Australian business is preparing to call Hindmarsh Square it’s home as of next month as it opens a flagship store – LOC Bottle Bar.
- Another popular beachside fireworks display has been cancelledWhilst the council still hopes to proceed with many of the Summer events it has planned, the New Year’s Eve fireworks isn’t feasible with the current social distancing requirements.