South Australians who need personal hardship assistance, food relief and short-term accommodation advice can call a new, dedicated relief hotline which has been activated in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The COVID-19 Relief Call Centre is available to all South Australians.
The call centre will provide general support and connect people to services as needed, including:
• Personal hardship support, welfare checks and food relief, through organisations such as the Red Cross and Foodbank
• Emotional and wellbeing support
• Short-term COVID-19 accommodation advice for people who are unable to self-quarantine at home
Minister for Human Services Michelle Lensink urged South Australians who need support at this time to call the new relief call centre.
“We are all facing one of the most challenging times in our history – as individuals, families and as a community,” said Minister Lensink.
“The new COVID-19 Relief Call Centre is a dedicated hotline activated by the Marshall Liberal Government, set up specifically to help South Australians, whether that be with personal hardship assistance, food relief, short-term accommodation advice or emotional and wellbeing support.
“I urge any South Australian who needs support at this time to call the new COVID-19 Relief Call Centre for any advice and support they may need at this time – we’re here to help.”
COVID-19 Relief Centre is run by Housing SA and operates 8am to 8pm 7 days/week: 1300 705 336.
- Incredible Chef Offers In-House Dinners For Barossa VisitorsGetaway SA has joined forces with Barossa Chef Stuart Oldfield to create a unique dining experience for Barossa holidaymakers
- Hutt Street To Get Sparkling MakeoverBeautiful new lighting will add a welcome glow to Hutt Street, as restrictions ease, and traders welcome people back to the precinct.
- Aussie Woman Creates Tinder For Online Sales“It’s a bit like the Tinder of promotions, you just swipe left and you can skin and save. You can save a list and then next time you can go straight to your list.”
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Banjo’s Bakery Cafe Answers Your Pastry Dreams With ‘A Pie A Day’ GiveawayWin ‘A Pie A Day’ for one year.