Leading global education provider, SAE Creative Media Institute, will be launching a brand new campus in Adelaide this February, at 15-19 Franklin Street. The new multi-level building will become Adelaide’s home for film, music, audio, games, animation and design students seeking a career in the creative industries.
Following a long history in Adelaide, where SAE has offered audio courses for over 40 years, the leaders in creative media education are expanding their study options for South Australians.
Offering diplomas through to bachelor degrees, and an accelerated two year study plan, SAE students will be taught by qualified industry experts in a real-world creative environment. The new campus will feature three large digital and analogue recording studios, industry leading mixing consoles and studio equipment from the likes of Neve, API, Sennheiser and Universal Audio.
The General Manager of SAE Australasia, Dr Luke McMillan, said he was excited to be developing SAE’s offerings: “We’re looking forward to broadening our relationship with the creative community in Adelaide through our expanded course offerings from February 2023,” Dr McMillan said.
“Securing work placements for students during their studies is a critical component of SAE’s learning and teaching approach. We are focused on supporting the future generation of creatives by providing a quality education and pathways to career success.”
In 2021, Deloitte reported that the creative industries directly contributed an estimated $1.4 billion to the South Australian economy.
“With internationally recognised cultural events like Adelaide Fringe, and world class studios at the new campus, there will be a growing number of opportunities for creatives to follow their dreams.”
Artisan Post Group Sound Editor and SAE Adelaide graduate, Leah McKeown, said it was vital for South Australian students to obtain the education and skills needed to succeed in the creative industries.
“I have seen first hand the number of young people that start working and don’t have much prior knowledge or learning in the industry,” Leah said. “SAE is excellent at providing the foundations and fast tracking the learning so students are ready once they graduate.”
Leah said there were plenty of opportunities for up-and-coming creatives in Adelaide. “There are a range of roles that companies are looking to fill, where they’d look at young professionals just starting their careers. Some of those include picture editors, animators, and those in post production.”
To celebrate the opening of the new campus in February 2023, and to recognise SAE Adelaide’s valued alumni, a $3,000 tuition scholarship is available to all SAE Adelaide graduates commencing in a Bachelor of Audio course at the new Franklin Street campus from February 2023.
You’re invited to SAE Adelaide’s Info Night on Tuesday 24 January 2023, 5.30pm-7.30pm at 15-19 Franklin Street. Check out the new campus in the heart of the CBD, and discover the career options available in the creative industries.
SAE Adelaide’s new courses:
● Diploma of 3D Animation
● Bachelor of Audio
● Associate Degree of Audio
● Diploma of Audio Production
● Diploma of Creative Industries
● Diploma of Graphic Design
● Bachelor of Film (Production)
● Bachelor of Film (Post-Production)
● Associate Degree of Film
● Diploma of Film
● Diploma of Game Development
● Bachelor of Songwriting and Music Production
● Associate Degree of Songwriting and Music Production
● Diploma of Music Production
SAE Adelaide’s new facilities include:
● Three large digital and analogue recording studios
● Industry-leading mixing consoles and control surfaces from SSL,
AVID and Audient
● Studio equipment from Neve, API, Sennheiser, Universal Audio and more
● Large multi-purpose film studio with Industry-standard digital film cameras
and DSLRs, film accessories for monitoring, lighting, and rigging
● Two digital editing suites, including surround sound capabilities
● Access to a range of musical instruments: guitars, keyboards and drums
● Electronic music production gear from Arturia, Ableton, Korg and Novation
● Five computer labs with software for Film Editing, Animation, Design,
Games Development and Music Production
● Gaming consoles and the latest design equipment
● Dedicated study spaces and quiet areas
● Large balcony common area
For more information, visit the SAE website here.