New UniBar Commits To Support South Australian Food, Drinks And Music

Set to have a distinctly SA flavour and a full calendar of live music, the new UniBar will be boasting all things local and fabulous.

By

Some people see The University of Adelaide’s UniBar as a place for meetings, catch ups, de-stressing and celebrating. Others, like new operator Gareth Lewis from General Admission Entertainment, see the UniBar as “the cornerstone of the cultural fabric of student life and vital to the live music scene in Adelaide.”

However you see it, this UniBar is undeniably a favourite for many university (and non-university) students.

Recently closing for renovations, the new and improved uni bar is almost here.

Set to have a distinctly South Australian flavour and a full calendar of live music under the direction of respected local festival, music event and bar operators General Admission Entertainment, we’ve been told that the new UniBar will be boasting all things local and fabulous.

Run by Gareth Lewis, Aaron Sandow and Marc Huber, General Admission Entertainment is the team behind Adelaide Beer and BBQ Festival and dozens of music festivals, and The Kings Head, a pub that takes pride in its dedication to serving South Australian-only sourced beer, wine and food.

“We’re excited to announce that the new operators of UniBar for 2019 are South Australian leaders in food and music events, with a strong commitment to local food and drink producers. They also have a commitment to providing reasonably priced food and drink tailored to our students,” says the University’s Chief Operating Officer, Bruce Lines.

Two of the three Directors of General Admission Entertainment, Gareth Lewis and Aaron Sandow, are themselves former University of Adelaide students.

“I spent many happy hours in the UniBar while studying at the Uni of Adelaide, and our team is incredibly excited to have the opportunity to play a role in delivering the next generation of the UniBar to students, staff and to the people of Adelaide,” says Mr Lewis, who is also a Food and Wine Ambassador for South Australia.

“The new UniBar will value and celebrate the past, while evolving to bring an updated experience to students, including an outstanding line-up of music acts.”

Under General Admission Entertainment, the new UniBar’s drinks offering will have a commitment to 75% South Australian product, with the remaining 25% showcasing Australian craft beverages.

The food will be a combination of set, month-by-month and seasonal pub dishes, augmented by new offerings from local chefs, pop-ups and “food truck”-style culture.

The new UniBar has been undergoing an extensive $1.6 million fit-out and is set to open in the second quarter of 2019. Further details about the new UniBar will be announced closer to the opening.

Hot News