McLaren Vale winemaker, Alan Varney, is launching his new wine brand, Varney Wines, this weekend, with a pop-up cellar door at wife Kathrin’s charming venue, Victor’s Place in Old Noarlunga, where his winery is located.
The launch party will feature DJ Pedro Moshman Machado, wine tastings, winery tours and food by the Victor’s Place kitchen.
Alan, who has a background in the wine industry spanning over 15 years including a decade spent working at d’Arenberg, McLaren Vale says:
“It started as a tonne for fun, an opportunity to make my own style of wines from some of my favorite vineyards, with varieties best suited to our world renowned wine regions. Now after months of preparation, endless hours in the winery, beautiful collaborations with our grape growers and creative minds, it has finally come to this moment.”
Varney Wines craft limited release, modern day wines from vineyards of distinction in McLaren Vale, the Adelaide Hills and Langhorne Creek.
Alan describes his winemaking philosophies as traditional, yet at times he dares to step out of the box.
Alan encourages visitors to come for the wine and stay for the view, as their tasting bench over looks his new winery and the beautiful rolling hills of the Onkaparinga Gorge, at the gateway to McLaren Vale.
The Varney Wines tasting bench will be officially open from Thursday the 28th of November for wine tastings and winery tours from 11am, five days a week, Thursday through to Monday.
You’ll find Varney Wines within the Victor’s Place venue at 62 Victor Harbor Road, Old Noarlunga.
See below for the full list of Varney Wines and their available allocations.
- 2019 Varney Wines ‘Entrada’ Verdelho, Adelaide Hills – 75 cases available
- 2019 Varney Wines ‘Entrada’ Rosé of Grenache, McLaren Vale – 250 cases available
- 2018 Varney Wines ‘Entrada’ Grenache Mourvèdre Touriga, McLaren Vale – 250 cases available
- 2018 Varney Wines Semillon Fiano, Adelaide Hills & Langhorne Creek – 163 cases available
- 2018 Varney Wines Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills – 30 cases available
- 2019 Varney Wines Grenache, McLaren Vale (soon to be released) – 38 cases available
- 2017 Varney Wines GSM, McLaren Vale – 216 cases available
- 2017 Varney Wines Shiraz, Adelaide Hills & McLaren Vale – 84 cases available