There have been no new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 590 cases notified in South Australia.
Two people who had been at Brisbane’s Hotel Grand Chancellor who entered SA have been followed up by SA Health and they are no longer in the state. SA Health are in the process of confirming if an additional two
people from the hotel have recently arrived via Victoria.
Please note there has been an update to today’s earlier article re Brisbane’s Hotel Grand Chancellor
SA Health have confirmed one person has arrived in South Australia via Victoria and is now in quarantine. Upon further investigation, one of the two people believed to have left the state remains in South Australia and is also currently in quarantine.
People who entered SA from New South Wales between 8 January and 13 January 2021 who are currently in quarantine can apply to SA Health for a review of their quarantine requirement on a case by case basis.
They must be able to provide evidence that they have not been in a Prohibited Location in the preceding 14 days. Suitable evidence includes food and petrol receipts, bank statements or accommodation records.
Applications with supporting evidence should be made using the SA Health Essential Traveller exemption application. People must remain in quarantine until they receive written advice from SA Health or their quarantine period ends.
People who entered SA before 8 January 2021 must remain in quarantine for the remainder of their 14 days.
For more information and the latest updates visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
Total new cases today 0
Total number currently in hospital 0
Total cases to date 590
Recovered cases 575
Tests carried out yesterday 5,850
Total tests to date 904,906
Active cases 11
Overseas acquired 11
Close contact 0
Locally acquired (contact unknown) 0
Interstate acquired 0
- Zero new cases recorded in SA as active cases drop to oneThere have been no new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 596 cases notified in South Australia.
- SA bushfire key resources – links, contacts, and donationsSome important information considering the ongoing bushfire threat in South Australia.
- Photos and latest updates from the Cherry Gardens bushfireThe latest Cherry Gardens bushfire updates and gallery of images.
- Sparkke at the Whitmore appoints new Head Chef Kane Boase to brewpubWith 20 years in the industry, Kane brings extensive experience from a range of Adelaide’s most prestigious eateries, including Botanic Gardens Restaurant, Fino Seppeltsfield, and 2KW.
- SA Health issues health warning regarding bushfire smokeSmoke blanketing South Australia may pose health risks to people with chest or heart conditions. SA Health are recommending people stay indoors and shut windows and doors.