There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 594 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 30s who returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
For more information and the latest updates visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
1 Total new cases today
0 Total number currently in hospital
594 Total cases to date
584 Recovered cases
3,755 Tests carried out yesterday
927,680 Total tests to date
6 Active cases
6 Overseas acquired
0 Close contact
0 Locally acquired (contact unknown)
0 Interstate acquired
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787; sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019.
- Vaccine rollout enters second phase for South AustraliansMinister for Health and Wellbeing Stephen Wade said the Women’s and Children’s Hospital (WCH) clinic will now be able to vaccinate anyone aged 50 years and over.
- Flights from India paused until May in bid to curb COVID-19Today Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced the immediate halt to all inbound passenger flights to Australia from India
- Adelaide Oval crowds to return to full capacityCrowds of up to 50,000 seated patrons, Adelaide Oval’s full capacity, will be welcomed back for Showdown 49 on Saturday, 8 May.
- Trailblazing chef & author Yotam Ottolenghi’s Australian tour postponedOttolenghi’s Flavour of Life tour of Australia and New Zealand has been postponed due to the ongoing uncertainties of COVID-19.
- Gov announces new vaccine hubs to scale up SA’s rolloutThe Marshall Liberal Government confis it will establish two additional vaccination hubs at Elizabeth and Noarlunga.