South Australia’s emergence from lockdown has continued, after the stay at home order was officially lifted at midnight on Saturday.
The Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, and the Northern Territory borders are open to South Australia, and the Premier has said it is hoped all borders can be normalised soon.
Although positive about the coming weeks, the Premier reiterated South Australia is “not out of the woods yet.”
He stressed maintaining the testing regime, hand hygiene, physical distancing, and the wearing of masks when physically distancing is not possible.
Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier said if there has been community transmission, it will be seen this week, but she is “quietly confident.”
“We did get this very early on,” she stated.
Masks are encouraged if physical distancing is not possible, and SA Health is working to make disposable face masks more accessible for the South Australian public.
Working from home, if possible, is also encouraged for this week.
Last week, over 77,000 tests were conducted in South Australia.
Anyone who develops symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild, is encouraged to get tested.
COVID-19 Case Update:
South Australia has one new COVID-19 case, with Professor Spurrier confirmed it is linked to the Parafield Cluster.
The person has been in quarantine since early last week.
27 cases are now linked to the cluster, and one person hospitalised but stable.
Over 4,000 people are currently in quarantine.
South Australia’s current active COVID-19 case number stands at 38.
- SA continues its run with no new COVID-19 casesThere have been no new cases of COVID-19 today as the State’s active cases drop to 2.
- Another day with no new COVID-19 cases in SAThere have been no new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 596 cases notified in South Australia.
- Caps on home gatherings lift to 200Following the Transition Committee meeting this morning, the cap on private functions will lift from 50 to up to 200.
- One new COVID-19 case found in medi-hotelToday’s case is a man in his 30s who returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
- No new COVID-19 cases found in SAThere have been no new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 593 cases notified in South Australia.