There’s only 1 sleep left until the 2014 Credit Union Christmas Pageant brings its Christmas cheer to the city on Pageant day.
That’s right, the 2014 Credit Union Christmas Pageant is this Saturday November 8th. Yep. It crept up on us too.
The Pageant will begin its traipse through the city at 9.30am, and will end at 11.20am with Father Christmas arriving at the Magic Cave at David Jones on North Terrace.
170 bright and colourful sets, including dancers and clowns, bands, floats (including the the two new floats, Bill the Bulldozer and the Wind and the Willows float) will entertain thousands of South Australians, culminating in the arrival of Father Christmas himself.
But just quickly, before you rally the children and dig around for your folding chairs, we’ve culminated the top 10 handy tips to help you make the most of your Pageant Day experience.
1) This year, the Pageant travels a slightly new route, so be sure to study the pageant map before you walk out the door.
2) Bring blankets, rugs, low folding chairs and cushions to sit on. Hot bitumen does not make for a nice time.
3) Arrive early to get the best spot. We know, simple, but oh so true.
4) But in saying that, wait until the roads are closed to set up your blankets and rugs behind the Blue Honour Line.
5) Bring some colourful chalk to decorate the Pageant route while you wait for the starting whistle.
6) Bring plenty of cold water and snacks. The last thing you need is a bunch of cranky, dehydrated children.
7) If it’s wet, avoid using umbrellas. Instead, embrace the poncho so that everyone gets a view, and eyes stay in tact.
8) Be sun smart and Slip, Slop, Slap. You know the saying: slop on some sunscreen and slap on a hat.
9) Locate the nearest public toilets before your child starts dripping from their shorts. You can thank us later.
10) Download the pageant app for iPhone and Android for the full float list, current route map and lots of extra things to do while you wait.
This year, the Pageant will be travelling a slightly different route. . With the completion of building works in Victoria Square and parts of the city, the route will once again pass the Hilton Adelaide in Victoria Square and return to Grenfell Street. Study the route map here.
Again. 1 sleep. How did that even happen?