The unprecedented and rapidly escalating impact of COVID-19 has led OTR to introduce a range of additional measures from this week to help protect its customers, team members and the community.
Automatic hand sanitisers are now being installed into all 152 OTR stores by the end of this week, with sterile wipes and paper towels currently provided to customers using fuel pumps. Additionally, customers are being advised to stay 1.5 metres away from each other.
These measures add to current measures in place at all OTR stores which include encouraging customers to:
• Pay at the pump for their fuel with the OTR App or credit card (where available);
• Pre-order their favourite coffee and essentials; and collect instore, via the NightPay window or via their Drive Thru (where available);
• Make payment by card or in-App rather than cash as much as possible;
• Use hand sanitiser provided at all sites from this week onwards;
• Use sterile wipes or paper towels provided on the forecourt to handle petrol bowser when filling your car.
OTR businesses have always had great safety and hygiene standards across their sites, and they are reinforcing these and where necessary, implementing additional measures to meet the current risks around this pandemic.
This includes regularly cleaning and sanitising their fuel pumps, counters, point-of-sale and EFTPOS terminals and providing updated hygiene advice to all the OTR team members and customers to help better protect them and their families from COVID-19.
OTR team members who report symptoms are encouraged to self-isolate in accordance with Health Department guidelines. The company will consider providing sick leave assistance on compassionate grounds to any team member suffering genuine hardship as a result of having little or no sick leave.
In addition, OTR has followed the government’s directive by closing all seated dining areas within the OTR Convenience stores including Truckie Lounges. This also includes Subway, Oporto, Guzman y Gomez, Hungry Jack’s and Wok in a Box, which will continue to provide take-away food services.
OTR are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and are continuing to follow the advice of the Government and Health authorities, and their recommendations for minimising the spread of the virus.
OTR recognises the essential service and valuable employment it provides to the community through its 152 stores and is committed to continuing to monitor and react to this evolving situation in the best interests of its team and customers.
- National Pharmacies Alerts Customers After Staff Tests Positive To COVID-19Important information if you visited the impacted store on March 29 or 30.
- Those Who Have Visited Airport In Past 14 Days May Need To Test For COVID-19If you have been in the Adelaide Airport terminal or carpark in the last 14 days and are symptomatic, it is advised you self-isolate and get a test done as soon as possible.
- COVID-19: Driver Assessments, Proof of Age Cards & Other Service SA Services SuspendedFurther safety measures have been implemented at Service SA to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
- Driveway Commemoration Of ANZAC Day Dawn Service Encouraged'Light Up The Dawn' and commemorate ANZAC Day, whether that be from within your home, or at your driveway.
- COVID-19 SA UPDATE: 300 Added To South Australia’s Contact Tracing TeamSouth Australian Premier Steven Marshall has announced that as of today, another 300 people will be joining the state's contact tracing search.