Photo: Phil Smyth, Brett Maher and Mark Davis
Prancing Pony has partnered with the Adelaide 36ers to release a limited-edition Adelaide 36ers Hall of Fame Pilsner.
The beer recognises the achievements of three Adelaide 36ers Club legends that were inducted into the Club’s Inaugural Hall of Fame in 2019.
Brett Maher, Phil Smyth, and Mark Davis all feature on their own can of Prancing Pony Pilsner in a collectable series for Adelaide 36ers fans and beer can collectors.
Prancing Pony CEO and Founder Corinna Steeb is excited to build on the already strong relationship Prancing Pony has with the Adelaide 36ers, “We wanted to create this limited-edition beer to symbolise our partnership with the 36ers.”
“It’s a celebration of not only our shared values of team spirit, integrity, and community, but of the three inductees Phil, Brett, and Mark into The Hall of Fame, and who wouldn’t want a refreshing craft Pilsner on our Pony deck during a 36ers game that keeps you on the edge of your seat,” Corinna said.
Phil Smyth is thrilled to be featured alongside club legends Brett Maher and Mark Davis on the Hall of Fame Pilsner, “It is such an honour to be commemorated in this way and to be recognised alongside club legends Brett Maher and Mark Davis.”
“The cans look fantastic, and of course the Pilsner tastes superb,” said Phil
This limited-edition hall of fame pilsner to celebrate Phil, Mark, and Brett’s achievements is a super light, refreshing German pilsner with a twist of cascade hops and a crisp, dry finish.
They are limited edition with only 200 cartons, and each can is individually numbered.
They will make the perfect Christmas present for the Adelaide 36ers fan – the cans will be available at www.prancingponybrewery.com.au.
About Brett Maher
Brett is a three-time NBL championship winner and the 36ers all-time games and points scored record holder.
Brett’s 17-year NBL career was spent at the Adelaide 36ers, playing 526 games between 1992 -2009 and scoring 8941 points. Brett captained the team from 1997 and, during this time, won 6 club MVP awards. A three-time Olympian, Brett represented Australia in the Atlanta 1996, Sydney 2000, and Athens 2004 Olympic games.
In recognition of Brett’s achievements, his #5 jersey now hangs proudly above the Brett Maher court named in his honour.
About Phil Smyth
Phil Smyth is a three-time NBL championship winner and three-time NBL championship-winning head coach. Coaching the Adelaide 36ers between 1998-2008, the team achieved the ultimate success in 1998,1999, and 2002.
During Phil’s career, he amassed 356 games as a player and 365 as a coach.
About Mark Davis
Mark Davis, the Chairman of the Boards, has an enviable NBL record. Captaining the Adelaide 36ers between 1990-1996, Mark is a three-time NBL Champion and was awarded the NBL MVP award in 1987.
During Mark’s 428 NBL game-playing career, he amassed 5200 rebounds and 8752 points at an average of 18.2 points per game. Mark was inducted into the Australian Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006 for his services to the NBL.
In recognition of Mark’s achievements, the #33 worn by Mark during his career was retired.
- Cookbook Review: The 5-Minute Vegan Lunchbox, by Alexander HartCOOKBOOK: 52 fast, healthy vegan recipes that are creative and tasty enough to appeal to everyone, particularly given they are so quick and easy to prepare.
- Carclew doubles annual residency program with SharehouseCarclew has announced eight outstanding young Adelaide creatives for its recently expanded and rebranded residency program, Sharehouse.
- RAA cycling survey reveals our riskiest rides933 nominations received identified road surfaces as among the greatest risks to safe riding.
- McLaren Vale’s sustainability credentials continue to growMcLaren Vale continues to work towards global best practice benchmarks with growers demonstrating their commitment to sustainability through active and increased participation in the program.
- Adelaide Film Festival announces recipients of Diverse Voices micro-grantsCloser Productions and the Adelaide Film Festival Micro-Grants for Diverse Voices has announced its successful applicants.