One Eye Open is a production company established during COVID-19, as an artist focussed initiative to support performers in the industry.
Many dancers, singers and actors were forced to re-locate back home to South Australia last year, and this presented several challenges with regards to their work. Many had work either postponed, cancelled or completely shut down, and trying to stay motivated was also an issue.
Surrounded by these challenges, and seeing this first hand, was the Director of the Australia company of Performing Arts, Kim Grant-Taylor. She decided to do something about it and created One Eye Open.
One Eye Open was formed as a new SA-based company, producing theatre, shows and events at a professional level. There was no intention of making a profit, but instead was created to help pay the performers a wage.
“It was important to me that we kept the arts alive. To see the effect COVID had on so many performers, broke my heart and I wanted to make sure there was something to keep them inspired” Kim said.
Now One Eye Open is proud to present their first production called Express.
Set on a vintage steam train, ‘Express’ is an interactive show built around the extravagant yet twisted personalities that jump onboard.
Combining a variety of mediums including singing, dancing and visual aspects, it is sure to be a thrilling show and as their poster says “See the sights, taste the delights…ALL ABOARD for a show that will dazzle. A little bit naughty and a little bit nice, you might even want to come twice.”
Express will perform 8 shows over 4 straight days at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
It has been put together and performed by some of South Australia’s best producers, performers with original music being composed specifically for this show.
Express will run from the 4th to the 7th of February at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
Tickets are $45, more information can be found here.
- Iconic Prairie Hotel to undergo $1.5m refurbThe refurbishment of the Prairie Hotel will see internal upgrade of the bar and restaurant, accommodation and the inclusion of a new Brewhouse in the hotel.
- Mercato continues Italian tradition with passata-making eventsFamily, celebration and the joys of Italy come together in February as Mercato continues an Italian tradition and hosts its annual passata days.
- Celebrate Gluttony’s 10th Birthday at Fringe!In 2021, Gluttony has curated a program with over 100 shows across 12 venues in Rymill Park/Murlawirrapurka.
- Enjoy Payneham Poolside party this Australia DayPoolside event will feature classic Australian tunes, a sausage sizzle, giant inflatable pool toys and fun for all the family.
- Sparkke at the Whitmore to hold “26 January At Our Place”26 January At Our Place will showcase a photographic exhibition of 13 portraits celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.