There’s nothing better than piping hot Goolwa Pipis (especially when you pair it with a crisp, vibrant Sauvignon Blanc from Lambrook!
Apr 13, 2017
This Easter, it’s all about amazing white wine paired with incredible South Aussie seafood. Here’s a great recipe for Goolwa Pipis, which was submitted by the fab team over at Lambrook Wines. They suggest pairing it with their 2016 Sauvignon Blanc (which retails for $19.99 but you can nab for 20% off if you order before April 17th. Use the code EASTER20 here).
– 1kg pipis
– ¾ cup sugo (tomato puree)
– 1 long red chilli, halved deseeded and thinly sliced
– 1 brown onion, peeled and finely sliced
– ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup of Lambrook Sauvignon Blanc
– freshly ground black pepper
– ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
1. Heat olive oil, onion & garlic together in a large saucepan over a low heat until onion is soft.
2. Increase heat to medium, add sherry and cook for 2 minutes. Add white wine and tomato sugo, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, season with pepper.
3. Add pipis, cover and cook for 3 minutes or until shells open
4. To finish, add parsley and serve with crusty bread.