There’s nothing better than piping hot Goolwa Pipis (especially when you pair it with a crisp, vibrant Sauvignon Blanc from Lambrook!
Apr 13, 2017
This Easter, it’s all about amazing white wine paired with incredible South Aussie seafood. Here’s a great recipe for Goolwa Pipis, which was submitted by the fab team over at Lambrook Wines. They suggest pairing it with their 2016 Sauvignon Blanc (which retails for $19.99 but you can nab for 20% off if you order before April 17th. Use the code EASTER20 here).
– 1kg pipis
– ¾ cup sugo (tomato puree)
– 1 long red chilli, halved deseeded and thinly sliced
– 1 brown onion, peeled and finely sliced
– ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup of Lambrook Sauvignon Blanc
– freshly ground black pepper
– ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
1. Heat olive oil, onion & garlic together in a large saucepan over a low heat until onion is soft.
2. Increase heat to medium, add sherry and cook for 2 minutes. Add white wine and tomato sugo, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, season with pepper.
3. Add pipis, cover and cook for 3 minutes or until shells open
4. To finish, add parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Owner of Glam Adelaide. Proudly promoting the best news, companies, events and information about South Australia. To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter or Instagram @kellynoble.