Master Electricians Australia (MEA) has unveiled South Australia and Northern Territory’s best sparkies in a star-studded line-up of winners across eight categories at the MEA Excellence Awards on Saturday night.
Alberton’s Electric Results was crowned Master Electrician of the Year, recognised for its business prowess and mentorship of many young electrical contractors in the region and beyond.
Electric Results’ specialisation in complex infrastructure projects also caught the attention of the judges, earning them the Commercial Project of the Year for the development of the Western Hospital stages 1-3.
Strathalbyn’s Modern Innovation Electrical also rose above the competition, claiming three awards under their belt.
Owner Angus West was recognised as SA’s Electrician (Tradie) of the Year, and two of his projects received the Industrial Project of the Year and Residential Project of the Year.
The Energy Efficiency Project of the Year went to the NT’s Northern Renewable Group for reducing Bagala Community Store’s overhead expenses, allowing AIG to keep groceries at a low cost for the local Indigenous community.
Other winners include George Curtis of PEER, winning Apprentice of the Year, and Michaela (Mishi) Nau of GESA Pty Ltd was awarded the Women in Contracting award for her dedication to the trade and her business.
MEA CEO Malcolm Richards congratulates all finalists and winners of the awards.
“South Australia and the Northern Territory are home to exceptional electrical contracting professionals and that is reflected in the competitiveness of nominees for the region’s Excellence Awards,” Mr Richards said.
“The Project winners are at the forefront of cutting-edge practices taking place in the electrical industry, while the individual champions showcase the incredibly high standards that come with being a Master Electrician.
“I congratulate all winners, along with all those who were nominated in each category. We take tremendous pride in the work produced by Master Electricians and I know that the judges did not have an easy task making their decisions.
“The biggest winners are the clients, who benefit the most from the innovative and professional work performed by MEA’s South Australian and Northern Territory Master Electricians.
“The values of quality, safety and integrity are the hallmark of all Master Electricians and the 2021 Excellence Awards prove that to a very high degree.”
Winners of the 2021 Master Electricians South Australia and Northern Territory Excellence Awards
- Master Electrician of the Year – Electric Results Pty Ltd, represented by Troy Smith
- Electrician (Tradie) of the Year – Angus West, Modern Innovation Electrical
- Apprentice of the Year – George Curtis, PEER
- Women in Contracting – Michaela (Mishi) Nau, GESA Pty Ltd
- Commercial Project of the Year – Electric Results Pty Ltd for theWestern Hospital Stages 1, 2 & 3
- Industrial Project of the Year – Modern Innovation Electrical for the Equine Stable Design
- Energy Efficiency Project of the Year – Northern Renewable Group for the Bagala Store – Barunga, NT
- Residential Project of the Year – Modern Innovation Electrical for the Glenside Homestead – C.1946