Health authorities have updated the public today with the COVID-19 case increase.
As of today, there are five new cases noted, four of which are linked to the baggage handler cluster. These cases may not be new as they have been discovered through contact tracing.
The number of cases from this cluster stands at 33. The divide being 18 baggage handlers and 15 secondary cases.
No further cases from the Ruby Princess cruise ship, that totals stands at 86.
There is the potential of five community transfer cases, however this is being investigated.
With four new cases today, the statistics show a consistent case increase, with three days of low growth. The state’s total number of cases stands at 420.
The age range of the new cases spans from 20 to 50 years old.
This follows this morning’s news of the second SA death due to COVID-19.
More to come.
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Prime Minister Reveals New ‘JobMaker’ Plan For AustraliaThe JobMaker plan comprises a series of principles, as outlined by the Prime Minster in today’s announcement.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.