The South Australian Government intends to introduce new, permanent laws to allow bars, clubs and restaurants to deliver alcohol with meals.
Under the new laws, licensees will be able to sell either two bottles of wine, or one bottle of wine and a six-pack of beer, cider or pre-mixed spirits – with takeaway food.
“This measure is one we introduced during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic – and it’s one that is now here to stay,” Premier Steven Marshall said.
“This will remove unnecessary red-tape and help businesses defy the ongoing challenges and impacts COVID-19 presents.”
Attorney-General, Vickie Chapman is set to introduce the legislation to Parliament at the first appropriate opportunity.
“741 South Australian businesses have successfully applied for the temporary licence since it was first introduced earlier this year,” said the Attorney-General.
“Those figures alone show how successful and well received this temporary measure has been – and why we want to make it permanent.”
Liquor licence holders operating with the following stand to benefit from the new legislation:
- Community club licence
- On-premises licence
- Small venue licence
- Restaurant licence
- Residential licence
- 21 Adelaide & SA craft beer microbreweries worth frothing overAhh, beer! Surely the gift that keeps on giving, connoisseur or not.
- La Boca Bar & Grill launches a six-course Omakase menu feat. their famous AsadorWith talented chef Nicolas Arriola at the helm, a wide repertoire of Argentina’s amazing cuisine is on show, particularly in the two new six-course Omakase menus.
- Saint & Scholar hit the road to discover SA’s hidden gemsIn response to recent the Cudlee Creek fire smoke taint to their vineyard, and a lack of awareness for the region, Saint & Scholar have gone on a road trip, & filmed a mini-series!
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with 9-course event by Adelaide’s best chefsCelebrate the Chinese New Year with a 9-course Asian Banquet brought to you by some of Adelaide’s best-known chefs.
- Exploring Adelaide’s cafes: Get your fill of eyegasmic brunches at He Said She SaidLocated in Hyde Park, amidst the buzz of King William road, the dog friendly café is vibrant, warm, and sports some gorgeous artwork.