Tonight South Australia’s Police have issued a new Direction in relation to isolation requirements for Peppers Waymouth. This applies to anyone who visited the Waymouth Street medi-hotel on Sunday the 15th of November.
An Emergency Management (COVID-19) (Peppers Waymouth Isolation) Direction 2020 has been issued.
This Direction came into effect as of 1800 Tuesday 17 November 2020.
Any person who was present at the hotel site of Peppers Waymouth Hotel Adelaide between 0001 on 15 November and 0001 on 16 November 2020 is required to adhere to the following Directions.
Any person may include; workers, contractors, guests, delivery drivers of any kind (including food delivery services) and many more regardless of the time they spent at the site.
If you have identified you are one of these people you need to complete the following steps:
- Travel to a place that SA Health has instructed them to unless you are already at that location;
- Remain isolated and segregated from other people at the defined place for 14 days commencing 16 November;
- Take reasonable steps to ensure no other person enters the place unless; another person usually lives at the premises, they are also isolating or they provide/receive care to/from you as the directed person;
- Ensure that you do not leave the designated site unless for medical purposes, to obtain medical care or medical supplies, in an emergency situation or otherwise specified by the State Coordinator or delegate;
- Submit to a COVID-19 test; and
- Notify SA Health immediately if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms.
*Note- This does not apply to a person who was directed to and entered the hotel site of Peppers Waymouth Hotel Adelaide, as a member of the Outbreak Response Team that was dressed in full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The Communicable Diseases Control Branch can be contacted on 1300 232 272.
All existing directions, frequently asked questions and other information can be found here: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations
If you require further information you can call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au or www.sa.gov.au/covid-19