South Australia Police have released guidelines for people who are looking to relocate from VIC to SA. If you’ve got friends or family coming into this great state make sure they see this.
Here’s everything you need to know.
- Travellers need to complete the Cross Border Travel Registration to gain approval prior and provide evidence to demonstrate genuine relocation.
- A person may enter South Australia from Victoria, if; the entry is for the purpose for the person genuinely relocating to reside in South Australia; the person has not previously entered South Australia under this clause; the person was in Victoria before 29 July 2020; the person has not travelled to Victoria from South Australia after 29 July 2020.
- Information that should be provided to support the Cross Border Travel Registration includes; employment letter or contract, or evidence of income support; residential lease or mortgage, including residential aged care facility arrangements, for a period greater than 6 months – not short term holiday accommodation; statutory declaration from a family member providing accommodation and support.
- People seeking to relocate must not travel until they have received; a written approval to travel; and formal written advice specifying the travel and quarantine arrangements.
- The decision on where you will be able to quarantine will be determined by Health Exemptions based on your individual circumstances.
- Your conditions of entry will be outlined in a letter from SA Health if your request is approved.
- A person may be approved by an authorised officer to self-quarantine at a suitable place or in supervised quarantine at a specified hotel.
- Upon arrival, the person must reside and remain, quarantined and segregated from other persons, at a place determined by an authorised officer commencing on the date of their arrival in South Australia for 14 days not counting the day of arrival.
- There is a high likelihood of a delay in travel due to the availability of accommodation if you are required to quarantine in a medi-hotel.
- Urgent essential traveller applications for end-of-life family visits, urgent medical treatment and quarantining before attending funerals are our priority.
- All other applications are considered as soon as possible, but are not the first priority.
The Cross Border Travel Registration form can be found here: https://forms.police.sa.gov.au/…/Form/CrossBorderTravel