The South Australian COVID-19 vaccine rollout will begin as soon as Monday next week with the arrival of SA’s first vaccine freezers, installed in the RAH and Flinders Medical Centre hubs today.
Phase 1A of the SA COVID-10 vaccine rollout will be administered to aged care and disability and frontline health workers.
Around 12,000 South Australians are expected to be vaccinated in the first month in Phase 1A. This includes border, airport, and medi-hotel staff.
The Pfizer vaccines will be arriving in SA in the coming days. The newly arrived vaccine freezers can hold 28,000 vials which can administer more than 100,000 shots.
SA will move into Phase 1B next which will be an ‘elderly cohort’ according to SA Premier, Steven Marshall.
Mr Marshall also confirmed today that the border with regional Victoria will officially open at midnight tonight.
Victoria has recorded no new COVID-19 cases overnight ending their five-day lockdown.
The greater metropolitan restrictions will remain in place until 14 days of no community transmission have transpired in Victoria.
More to come.
- SA Health drops age for Adelaide COVID-19 vaccine eligibility with $86 million boostSA Health has lowered the age eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations in Adelaide, effective immediately.
- SA COVID update; Flight from India & further vaccination rolloutPremier Steven Marshall has provided a South Australian COVID update with information surrounding a flight of 150 Australians arriving from India tomorrow, and further vaccination rollouts.
- SA COVID exemptions update; Collingwood FC and publicNicola Spurrier has provided an update on the current state of exemptions with Collingwood Football Club and the public.
- SA COVID update on Victorian travel restrictions extendedNicola Spurrier has addressed the South Australian public today to discuss the current border closures to Victoria. The decision has now been made to extend the hard boarder to the whole of regional Victoria. Spurrier said although they have considered the way border closures affect border communities disproportionality, this decision supports the stay at home […]
- Victoria locked down following COVID case increaseThe acting Victorian Premier has just announced a 7-day circuit breaker lockdown for Victoria from midnight tonight.