In celebration of the South Australian border to Victoria reopening from today, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) has teamed up with Coopers Brewery to create a special South Australian welcome for the first
passengers touching down in Adelaide from Victoria in over four months.
The SATC is delighted to welcome back its biggest domestic market when the first Victorian travellers to the state arrive since South Australia’s ‘hard border’ closure to Victoria came into effect on 29 July due to COVID-19.
To give passengers a taste of South Australia, they will be met by Adelaide Fringe performers, Frolic and Follies, and some surprise SA icons at the Coopers Brewery Bar – including cases of Coopers Hazy IPA, inviting Victorians to “get on the beers, here”.
Prior to 2020, Victorian travellers made up 47% of all domestic overnight visitors to South Australia, worth around $1 Billion to the state’s visitor economy in 2019.
Despite COVID-19 travel restrictions, the Victorian population has shown interest in travelling to SA not only remains high, but has grown – with an additional 200,000 unique visits to southaustralia.com in 2020 compared to 2019.
In the month of November 2020 alone, there were 10,000 more visits from Victorians than at the same time last year.
From vineyard tours in the Barossa Valley, to luxury lodges on Kangaroo Island, glamping in the Flinders and shark diving in Port Lincoln, Victorians will again be able to discover SA’s world-class food and drink, jaw dropping
landscapes, abundant wildlife, vibrant city life and iconic coastal culture.
- Iconic Prairie Hotel to undergo $1.5m refurbThe refurbishment of the Prairie Hotel will see internal upgrade of the bar and restaurant, accommodation and the inclusion of a new Brewhouse in the hotel.
- Mercato continues Italian tradition with passata-making eventsFamily, celebration and the joys of Italy come together in February as Mercato continues an Italian tradition and hosts its annual passata days.
- Celebrate Gluttony’s 10th Birthday at Fringe!In 2021, Gluttony has curated a program with over 100 shows across 12 venues in Rymill Park/Murlawirrapurka.
- Enjoy Payneham Poolside party this Australia DayPoolside event will feature classic Australian tunes, a sausage sizzle, giant inflatable pool toys and fun for all the family.
- Sparkke at the Whitmore to hold “26 January At Our Place”26 January At Our Place will showcase a photographic exhibition of 13 portraits celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.