Photo: Pennington Bay by Isaac Foreman
There’s never been a better time to support regional tourism, and help the areas most impacted by the recent bushfires. Kangaroo Island needs our visitation now, more than ever, and as the beautiful island begins to heal, it’s the perfect opportunity to tick this magical destination off your bucket list, while bringing much needed funds to the locals on KI.
With many incredible destinations on KI untouched by the fires, and others now reopening as they repair and regrow, it’s a great time to find out why so many international visitors have had this destination firmly in their sights over the years.
While Kangaroo Island is on plenty of South Australian’s bucket lists, getting there forms part of the challenge, particularly if you’re short on time. Luckily for those of us watching our wallets, and travel times, Rex airlines have today launched a fantastic sale on regional flights. They’re offering flights between Adelaide and Kangaroo Island from only $100. For those unfamiliar with regular fares, that’s a bloody good deal. There’s also return flights starting at $100 too!
The sale ends on September 13th 2020, with departures between September 23rd and December 18th 2020.
There’s also some great deals to be had on flights to Coober Pedy, Broken Hill, Mount Gambier, Port Lincoln and Whyalla.
Check out all the flights, and book at https://www.webjet.com.au/sale/regional-express/
Find out about the Road to Recovery Tour by KI Odyssey, which allows you to experience a personalised tour of Kangaroo Island to see the regeneration of the native vegetation and wildlife that was devastated by the bushfires in January 2020.
- Getaway: The Sky House in Kangaroo Island is the epitome of invitingThe Sky House is a rammed-earth villa located on the north side of KI with sweeping views of the coastline as far as the eye can see.
- Stokes Bay Tennis Club granted $40,000 to support bushfire rebuildThe Stokes Bay Tennis Club & Community Hall on Kangaroo Island was partially destroyed by bushfires, but new funding will help it rebuild.
- Kangaroo Island is getting its very first oyster barKanagroo Island will be getting its first ever oyster bar thanks to the legends at The Oyster Farm Shop.
- Kangaroo Island Spirits launch Cocktail MasterclassesThe award-winning distillery will host monthly two-hour masterclasses at Sparkke at the Whitmore, with the first taking place on Saturday 12 September.
- 22 unbelievable photos of Kangaroo IslandNew life has erupted across Kangaroo Island so we’ve compiled a gallery full of unbelievable images of the scenic terrain, beautiful spaces and delightful inhabitants, taken before and after the bushfires.
- Sale! Fly to Kangaroo Island from $100 one wayHere’s your chance to finally get to KI, and help support tourism on the island!
- South Australia scores Hollywood star to champion local travelSouth Australia’s most loved personalities are partnering up to share their favourite holiday destinations within the state.
- Getaway: This epic Flinders & KI package is the perfect overseas trip replacementWe’ve found an epic journey that will take you from the Flinders Ranges to Kangaroo Island that includes scenic flights and 4WD tours.
- This marshmallow martini looks utterly divineKangaroo Island Spirits might have the best wintry cocktail.
- KIS celebrates major wins at two international spirit competitionsKIS received the highest accolades for their gins at both the 2020 International Wine & Spirit Competition and the International Spirits Competition.
- Getaway: Snellings View, Kangaroo Island ReviewWe’ve found one of the most scenic holiday houses in South Australia, on Kangaroo Island, and it’s calling your name.