Sharing a recap on Day Seven of the Santos Festival of Cycling, the first stage of the Men’s Road Race, ZipTrak® Men’s Stage 1: Stirling to Lobethal.
Notably, Melbourne’s James Whelan took out Stage 1 in an epic sprint to the finish line, giving him a handy lead in the remaining two stages of the Santos Festival of Cycling.
ZIPTRAK® MEN’S STAGE 1: STIRLING TO LOBETHAL
- Stage 1 from Stirling to Lobethal was a fantastic opening stage which saw the riders get off to a speedy start as they worked their way through some iconic Adelaide Hills roads before embarking on the final loop around Lobethal.
- Even though it seemed fairly flat there was a nice opportunity for an attack on a small steep climb not far out from the finish line in Lobethal, which saw Ben Hill take out King of the Mountain.
- In a victorious finish, the ZipTrak® Men’s Stage 1 win went to James Whelan, with teammate Matt Dinham crossing the line in second and Ben Hill in third. James Whelan took out Most Competitive Rider, and Matt Dinham won the Young Rider Classification.
- Men’s Stage 1 Road Race Winner: James Whelan
- Second Place: Matt Dinham
- Third Place: Ben Hill
- Stage 1 South Australia Most Competitive Rider: James Whelan
- Stage 1 Cerevelo Men’s Young Rider’s Jersey: Matt Dinham
- Stage 1 Shimano King of the Mountain Classification: Ben Hill
- Stage 1 Santos Leader’s Jersey: James Whelan
To find out more about Alauda Aeronautics, visit their website here.