Organisers are continuing to take advice from the Country Fire Service (CFS) and South Australian Police (SAPOL) with regard to the current bush fire situation.
Race Director Mike Turtur says based on their current advice tomorrow’s San Remo Pasta Stage 1 will be staged as scheduled.
“Obviously this advice might change subject to the conditions and we’ll continue to be guided by the advice we receive from the Country Fire Service and South Australian Police,” said Mr Turtur. “But our advice is that the race route and the towns through which the race will travel are not in the fire area and it is safe for us to continue as planned.
“Our thoughts are with the people affected by the fires but we urge cycling fans to help them through this by supporting the local economies of the region,” said Mr Turtur. “Spending money in the shops and restaurants will help in the recovery for the area.”
However the CFS is advising people that there are a number of emergency service vehicles in the area and people should be cautious on the roads. For information we urge people to visit the CFS website or call the CFS Bushfire Information Hotline on 1300 362 361.
2014 Santos Tour Down Under stages:
• Tuesday 21 January – San Remo Pasta Stage 1 – Nuriootpa to Angaston (135km)
• Wednesday 22 January – BikeExchange.com.au Stage 2 – Prospect to Stirling (150km)
• Thursday 23 January – Thomas Foods Stage 3 – Norwood to Campbelltown (145km)
• Friday 24 January – Bupa Stage 4 – Unley to Victor Harbor (148.5km)
• Saturday 25 January – Pure Blonde Stage 5 – McLaren Vale to Willunga Hill (151.5km)
• Sunday 26 January – Be Safe Be Seen, MAC Stage 6 – Adelaide (95km)
For 2014 Santos Tour Down Under events, visit www.glamdiary.com.au