As you may know, I love a bit of stylish organisation and that’s true for any kitchen bench top. It doesn’t take much effort or money to make your bench top look effortlessly cool, on trend and most of all, organised.
Before you rush out and buy a stash of new items for your bench, take everything off your benchtops and review. Does everything need to be on the bench top? Is it used everyday? Is there another spot for it in the pantry or drawer? Only have on display what you regularly use and what gives you joy to see everyday.
Here’s my five tips for a stylish, organised bench top.
1. Order! A place for everything and everything in its place!
2. A tray for little essentials that are used everyday, honey, salt and pepper pots, olive oil, salt and pepper grinders. Cluster them all together on a tray for a more organised, refined look.
3. Utensil vase. You don’t need every utensil you have on display in this case, just your wooden spoons etc that you use everyday.
4. A cluster of chopping/cheese boards adds a rustic, relaxed vibe to the bench top.
5. A trio of canisters to hold coffee, tea and sugar. So many inexpensive stylish canisters out there that won’t break the bank.
Enjoy your de-cluttered stylish kitchen bench top. Next stop…drawers and cupboards!
For more design inspiration follow Sarah Shanahan online via her Instagram.