Yesterday, Jamie McClurg, the Executive Chairman of Commercial & General, announced that they would be suspending rent for their business tenants for the next 3 months. He then urged anyone in a position to help a small business, to do so.
Here’s what McClurg shared on LinkedIn:
As the State’s largest developer, I believe we have a responsibility not only to drive business investment in South Australia but also to support it.
And now more than ever, small business in SA needs our support.
In response to the economic impact of COVID-19, we’re suspending rent for three months for small business tenants in Commercial & General developments.
I completely support the measures being implemented by the Federal and State governments. It’s at times of crisis that we need leaders to stand up and set the example, and I believe Australia and South Australia is well placed to endure the challenge.
But business is hurting because of the economic shutdown happening around the coronavirus.
In particular, restaurants, cafes and hospitality businesses have all become innocent victims and we haven’t yet reached the worst of it.
They need us to back them to make sure they’re still here when we get through this. It’s going to take a collective effort to make it happen and it starts with all of us as individuals.
That’s why we’ve taken the decision to suspend rent for three months for small business tenants in our developments.
We can do something to help alleviate stress for small business. Now we need other landlords to follow suit and #suspendtherent
If you’re in a position to help a small business, I urge you to do so.
The original post can be seen here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/impact-covid-19-jamie-mcclurg/?fbclid=IwAR3GeEJOb40mtEDU5I-AobxzlaDqcQ3Zt3szdwk9xJgetKV3lv48Wl148pU
- National Pharmacies Alerts Customers After Staff Tests Positive To COVID-19Important information if you visited the impacted store on March 29 or 30.
- Those Who Have Visited Airport In Past 14 Days May Need To Test For COVID-19If you have been in the Adelaide Airport terminal or carpark in the last 14 days and are symptomatic, it is advised you self-isolate and get a test done as soon as possible.
- COVID-19: Driver Assessments, Proof of Age Cards & Other Service SA Services SuspendedFurther safety measures have been implemented at Service SA to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
- Driveway Commemoration Of ANZAC Day Dawn Service Encouraged'Light Up The Dawn' and commemorate ANZAC Day, whether that be from within your home, or at your driveway.
- COVID-19 SA UPDATE: 300 Added To South Australia’s Contact Tracing TeamSouth Australian Premier Steven Marshall has announced that as of today, another 300 people will be joining the state's contact tracing search.
- COVID-19: SA Now Able To Get Medication Available Without PrescriptionSouth Australians in need of an emergency supply of essential medicines during the coronavirus pandemic will now be able to seek their medication without a prescription.
- Kytons Bakery Is Delivering Freshly Baked Hot Cross Directly To Your DoorThis Easter, Kytons Bakery is encouraging gifting hot cross buns to friends, co-workers, employees or clients to brighten someone's day.
- Your Guide To Dining At The Marina Pier From Home (With Delivery & Take Away)Marina Pier are ensuring that you still get to enjoy the flavour bonanza that awaits with their campaign 'Take Away at the Bay' (plus delivery).
- Your Guide To SA Wineries’ Online ShopsIt's time to support our many wineries across the regions who have closed their doors through their online shops.
- Six Adelaide Airport Baggage Handlers Test Positive To COVID-19If you've traveled in the past 24 hours, you'll need to follow some simple steps.