It’s time to show some love and support for the fine food artisans of the Adelaide Hills, who have been rocked by challenging events over the past six months.
Adelaide Hills producers are still recovering from the recent devastation that was the bushfires which began in late December 2019, and carried out into early this year. Now with the recent pandemic that is COVID-19, it is more important than ever to help these businesses stay on their feet.
So with Easter fast approaching, now is the time to stock up on some quality Adelaide Hills artisan goods!
We’ve compiled a list of some notable Adelaide Hills producers of fine foods, which we will be updating regularly.
Charles Street, Woodside
Baylies offers a wide range of gourmet fruit cakes, sweet biscuits, gourmet crackers, lavash, pralines, tart shells, Christmas cakes and puddings.
Available at Foodlands and Drakes Supermarkets, or purchase through their online store.
Main Street, Lobethal
Wholesale bakery and specialty grocery store, specialising in freshly made bar cakes and biscuits.
Find their products in your local supermarket, or shop their online store.
Henry Street, Woodside
Chocolatier and confectionary factory, also a tourist hot spot in the factory.
Mount Barker Road, Stirling
Artisan chocolate shop and café. Their shopfront is still open to buy chocolates and the café is open for takeaway.
Shop their products through their online store.
Evans Street, Woodside
Artisan Producer of high quality hand-made Alpine Cheeses that reflect the terroir of the Adelaide Hills
Check out their range of SA stockists.
Artisan smallgoods and producers of charcuterie. Their products are gluten free, traditionally smoked and influenced by their Croatian heritage.
Explore their extensive range of SA stockists.
Pioneer Avenue, Lobethal
Quality non-homogenised milk, sourced from local diary farmers and best served with coffee.
Stock up at their Lobethal dairy or find them at your local supermarket.
Mount Barker Road, Hahndorf
Producer of artisanal goat and cow milk cheeses in the Adelaide Hills.
Visit their Hahndorf Cellar or explore their range of SA stockists.
Henry Street, Woodside
Specialty makers of cheese, producing a range of Cow, Goat and Buffalo Milk Cheeses.
Visit their Woodside cellar door or explore their range of SA stockists.
Have we missed someone? Email [email protected] to let us know.
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Prime Minister Reveals New ‘JobMaker’ Plan For AustraliaThe JobMaker plan comprises a series of principles, as outlined by the Prime Minster in today’s announcement.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.