We all know how hectic the festive season can be. Shopping centres can be crazy, loud, overwhelming places, so the opportunity to have a calm, quiet Santa experience is something some families can only dream about.
Well dream no longer. From this weekend, Westfield is providing sensory-friendly Santa sessions.
The sessions offer children with sensory challenges the chance to have some special one-on-one time with Santa in a peaceful and comfortable environment.
Sessions are held outside of key trading hours and the mall lights are dimmed as well as mall music turned off to ensure a calm environment.
Sessions go for approximately five minutes with flexibility to run longer on a case to case basis.
Sensory Santa sessions are being held on the following dates:
Westfield Tea Tree Plaza:
Mon Nov 26: 5:30pm – 7pm
Tue Nov 27: 5:30pm – 7pm
Sun Nov 25: 8:30am – 10:20am
Mon Dec 3: 6:00pm – 6:50pm
Mon Dec 10: 6:00pm – 6:50pm
Westfield West Lakes:
Sat Nov 24: 7:30am – 9:00am
Sat Dec 1: 7:30am – 9:00am
This year, Westfield has launched an online booking system so you can pre-book your time slot. To book, visit westfield.com.au/christmas and select your local centre.
- Tour around Adelaide in style in the sidecar of a motorcycle
- SA’s wine regions to be celebrated with year-long campaign
- National Hot Sauce Day: Five Spicy Cocktail Recipes Guaranteed to Give You a Kick
- New boutique bottle shop and wine bar (that’ll also sling fried chicken) to open at Plant 3 Bowden
- Tony & Mark’s has opened in Unley Shopping Centre