Feature image by Matthew Symons
The South Australian Government has launched the SA Bushfire Appeal, intended to raise much-needed funds for those directly affected by the fires in Cudlee Creek and Kangaroo Island.
An additional $1 million has been pledged by the Marshall Government to help the Kangaroo Island community rebuild, on top of the $1 million already committed for those affected by the Cudlee Creek bushfire.
The SA Bushfire Appeal will be the primary appeal for South Australia’s emergency relief effort, raising money for the SA Emergency Relief Fund.
To aid the fundraising effort, Glam Adelaide, alongside Showcase South Australia, has announced the SA4SA Bushfire Appeal Gala Dinner.
Set for Friday January 31, the evening will feature a three-course dinner, a silent auction, and a major auction.
The gala has a fundraising target of more than $100,000, with proceeds going to the SA Bushfire Appeal. For more information on the SA4SA Bushfire Appeal Gala Dinner, click here.
Premier Steven Marshall says the entire community stands shoulder to shoulder with the community affected by the state’s devastating bushfires.
“The outpouring of support for South Australians in their hour of need has been an inspiration, with every dollar raised going directly to the families and communities who need it most,” says Marshall.
“We have all been shocked and saddened by the scale of destruction on Kangaroo Island, coming on top of the devastating losses in the Adelaide Hills.
“Not only has there been tragic loss of life, families have lost homes and properties, people have lost businesses, vineyards, livestock and – for some – their livelihoods.
“At this difficult time, we’re encouraging South Australians to continue to dig deep and donate what they can to the SA Bushfire Appeal, to help their fellow South Australians rebuild in the weeks, months and years ahead.
“South Australians have already given very generously, with more than $1,041,881 raised so far from 3316 donors.
“Every dollar donated to the SA Bushfire Appeal will go to South Australians who are doing it tough and every dollar makes a difference.”
All donations over $2 to the SA Bushfire Appeal are tax deductible. Donations can be made online, in person or by post.
To donate, visit https://www.sa.gov.au/…/emergencies-and-saf…/bushfire-appeal
You can also donate via the following:
- Electronic funds transfer to the SA Bushfire Appeal, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, BSB 065 266, Account 10020160, description should state ‘SA donation’
- Credit card – visit the SA Bushfire Appeal BPoint payment website at www.bpoint.com.au/payments/serf or dial 1300 276 468 (1300 BPOINT) and enter biller code 1002359
- Cash – go into any branch of the Commonwealth Bank and donate over the counter giving the details: BSB 065 266, Account 10020160
- Cheque – mail to SA Bushfire Appeal, Donations, QA Finance, GPO Box 292, Adelaide SA 5001
For more information on the SA Bushfire Appeal go to sa.gov.au/bushfireappeal.
To stay up to date on all the latest relief and recovery measures for the current SA bushfires, visit dhs.sa.gov.au/recovery.
People directly affected by the fires can phone the Recovery Hotline on 1800 302 787.