Adelaide start-up Voxiebox will showcase their 3D holographic projection device at SouthStart on 4 October.
They are one of eight start-ups announced today who have been selected as finalists to pitch in front of angel investors at the event. The winner will receive cash and prizes worth over $15,000.
The Voxiebox team, led by founder Will Tamblyn, has spent the last four years developing the technology in their garage and are ready to start attracting investors to seed fund their innovative idea. The new invention could be used commercially for gaming, potentially reinventing the likes of classic arcade and board games in 3D.
“It’s exciting to have Adelaide start-ups come out of the woodwork,” said SouthStart director Chhai Thach, “a lot of people are doing mind-blowing things here and the event will give these companies a platform and opportunities to go stratospheric.”
The start-ups selected to pitch at SouthStart on 4 October are:
- Voxiebox- The world’s first holographic game system
- GoCatalyze – Simplified business process management on the cloud
- Pozzey – Next generation indoor location for mobile devices
- Muvli – gives you access to endless film content, then cuts and matches it to the tempo and feel of your music
- Skwibl – brings designers and their clients in one virtual room to help them communicate freely no matter the distance
- EncounterZ – a “proximity” social utility and advertising platform that uses “bluetooth beaconing” to monitor encounters between people and places.
- Oakland & Snow – healthcare data visualisation company
- InputFarm – Connect web site owners and developers to design experts who review website and give feedback for a fee.
SouthStart will bring together entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders together in a relaxed environment to foster innovation and maybe even set the wheels in motion to create the next big thing.
SouthStart, 4 October, is the first conference of its kind in Adelaide and is the South Australian climax to StartupAUS’s Startup Spring Festival. The event is supported by the Department of Premier and Cabinet, Adelaide City Council, ANZ and Acumen Ventures.
Entrepreneurs, investors, hackers, hustlers, service providers, eco-system supporters, founders and co-founders and those thinking about starting and running their own business will get together to hear from those who have ‘made it’.
From inspiring entrepreneurial stories to getting to know what investors look for in companies wanting to raise venture capital, SouthStart has something for everyone.
Ticket prices start at $99.