South Australians will once again have more time to shop on weekends when voluntary Sunday trading returns to the Adelaide Central Market on Sunday 11 October, with a range of traders open from 8:00am to 3:00pm.
A program of free entertainment for families to enjoy will also be on offer from 9:00am – 12:00pm every Sunday in October including nature craft activities, baby disco with Monski Mouse, yoga and live music.
Adelaide Central Market General Manager Jodie Kannane said she was pleased to welcome back Sunday shoppers to the Adelaide Central Market.
“Following a positive start in March this year before COVID restrictions came into play, the return of Sunday trading will ensure our customers have more time to shop their essentials including fresh fruit and veg, meat, bread, speciality goods and cheese.
They will also be able to enjoy a range of free family fun activities and relax with a coffee or meal at a number of our eateries.”
Fresh food and speciality favourites including Charlesworth, House of Organics, Kangaroo Island Stall, Con’s Fine Foods, Barossa Fine Foods, Marino Meat Store, The Coffee Bean Shop, Le Souk, Real Falafel, Cumbia Bar and Kitchen, Central Market Flowers and The Smelly Cheese Shop will all reopen for voluntary Sunday trading.
Free family entertainment options on offer in October include:
- Yoga – customers can start fresh on Sunday morning with free yoga sessions by Roaming Zen (numbers limited and bookings essential)
- Nature craft workshops – craft workshops and nature play will engage little imaginations and big ideas
- Baby disco with kids’ DJ Monski Mouse – under-fives can dance and groove to retro-hits, pop favourites and thumping nursery rhymes
- Live music – enjoy brunch with soulful tunes and gentle strumming by some of Adelaide’s best musicians including Leni and Brian Ruiz.
The Chilli Crab Shack by Sprout will also return for two weeks on 2 October, ahead of Sunday trading on 11 October.
The Asian-style chilli crab using local Market produce and fresh SA blue swimmer crabs is a foodie favourite every year. Customers can expect to dig in and get messy, donning a crab bib, Pirate Life beer in hand and enjoy live music and market vibes.
Traders confirmed for the return of voluntary Sunday trading:
• Gewurzhaus (official opening Thurs 8 Oct)
• Cumbia Bar & Kitchen
• Barossa Fine Foods
• Charlesworth Nuts
• Marino Meat and Food Store (9am – 3pm)
• The Kangaroo Island Stall
• Con’s Fine Foods
• The Old Lolly Shop
• House of Organics
• Rommy’s Market Garden
• The Smelly Cheese Shop
• Central Market Flowers
• Les Deux Coqs (8am – 12pm)
• Real Falafel
• The Turkish Delight Mediterranean Sweetery
• Standom Smallgoods
• Le Souk
• Simply Sarj
• Fred McMahon’s
• The Market Bread Bar
• The Coffee Bean Shop
• Fleurieu Milk
• M&M’s Fruit Mart
• Seven Brothers
The Adelaide Central Market is open Tuesday – Saturday, including late nights until 9pm on Fridays.
Voluntary Sunday trading commences Sunday 11 October with a range of traders open between 8am – 3pm. The first hour of parking is free.