Join oyster expert Bob Simmonds and oyster freak Hugh Hamilton for an in-depth, entertaining session of tasting and learning everything there is to know about the intriguing bi-valve on Sunday 24th July 2011 at Hugh Hamilton Wines in McLaren Vale.
Let oyster guru Bob Simmonds take you wading through the pristine ocean waters of South Australia in search of that unique cupped shell filled with juicy plump meat. Looking after over 18 million oysters every year, ‘Oyster Bob’ leads the way in taking South Australian oysters to the world.
At the Masterclass:
- Learn to shuck your own oysters – shucking knife included as part of the class and is yours to take home
- Taste and learn about the Angasi (native) oyster and compare it to the Pacific oyster
- See & taste a flight of regional oysters from interstate being flown in for the class
- Enjoy three flights of imaginatively prepared oysters, by renowned chef Peter Hogg, matched with Hugh’s flock of eclectic wines
- Learn the finer points about the composition of the magnificent mollusc
- Get an in-depth behind the scenes tour of SA oyster farms from the man who is responsible for making the South Australian Oyster Industry what it is today
Past classes have been a sell out so Bookings Essential!
Where: Hugh Hamilton Wines, McMurtrie Road, McLaren Vale
When: 2.00pm – 4.30pm on Sunday 24th July 2011
Cost: $75 per person to be paid at time of booking *non-refundable
Bookings: [email protected] or 08 8323 8689 by 9th July 2011