Latest

Dates for Tour Down Under in 2011 are locked in!

The dates for the 2011 Santos Tour Down Under have been locked in, with Adelaide set to kick off the world cycling season from January 16 to 23.
Tourism Minister John Rau announced the dates today after they were confirmed at a meeting of the UCI ProTour Council in Switzerland.
“The 2010 Santos Tour Down Under was the biggest and most successful race yet and we are looking forward to another great event in 2011,” he said.
“The race has become an integral part of the global racing calendar and continues to grow in popularity.
“Thousands of visitors from across the world came to Adelaide last year to see cycling legends such as Lance Armstrong and Cadel Evans compete on our roads.
“I’m sure the 2011 race will generate just as much excitement and anticipation among cycling fans.”
This year’s race attracted over three quarters of a million spectators and approximately 40,000 visitors from interstate and overseas.
“The Santos Tour Down Under is one of the State’s major drawcards in attracting visitors to South Australia.
“In January the influx of interstate and overseas visitors who came to watch the race helped to provide a $41.5million boost to our State’s economy.
“It was also the most successful race on record in terms of participation, with more than 8,000 cyclists taking part in the Mutual Community Challenge Tour recreational ride.
“The Santos Tour Down Under is a wonderful week-long celebration of cycling and an opportunity to showcase South Australia to the world.”
The 2011 event will begin with the Down Under Classic on Sunday 16 January 2011, followed by the six stages of the Santos Tour Down Under from Tuesday 18 to Sunday 23 January 2011.
Full stage details and race routes will be announced in July. For further information visit www.tourdownunder.com.au

CyclistsThe dates for the 2011 Santos Tour Down Under have been locked in, with Adelaide set to kick off the world cycling season from January 16 to 23.

Tourism Minister John Rau announced the dates today after they were confirmed at a meeting of the UCI ProTour Council in Switzerland.

“The 2010 Santos Tour Down Under was the biggest and most successful race yet and we are looking forward to another great event in 2011,” he said.

This year’s race attracted over three quarters of a million spectators and approximately 40,000 visitors from interstate and overseas.

“It was also the most successful race on record in terms of participation, with more than 8,000 cyclists taking part in the Mutual Community Challenge Tour recreational ride.

“The Santos Tour Down Under is a wonderful week-long celebration of cycling and an opportunity to showcase South Australia to the world.”

The 2011 event will begin with the Down Under Classic on Sunday 16 January 2011, followed by the six stages of the Santos Tour Down Under from Tuesday 18 to Sunday 23 January 2011.

Full stage details and race routes will be announced in July.

For further information visit www.tourdownunder.com.au

[adrotate banner="159"]
To Top