Whether you have a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 at work, or have an employee who is diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19 outside of work, the government has released some steps that are crucial you should follow. Here’s the infographic with all the information.
To keep workers safe and limit the spread of COVID-19, every employer should also do the following at their workplace:
- allow workers to work from home, where possible
- know what to do if an employee has COVID-19 – from a WHS perspective, there is not an automatic requirement to close down an entire workplace, particularly if the person infected, or suspected to be infected, has only visited parts of the workplace. You must follow the advice of health officials at all times.
- ensure physical distancing by keeping a distance of at least 1.5 metres between people
- encourage all workers to frequently wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser and to practise good hygiene
- be aware of how to spot COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath) and make sure workers do not come to work if they are unwell
- make sure your workplace is regularly cleaned and disinfected
- have signs and posters around the workplace to remind workers and others of the risks of COVID-19 and the measures that are necessary to stop its spread.
For more information, see the business resource kit.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- The Mainline Drive-In Cinema Is Reopening This WeekForget Netflix and chill, jump in your car, and drive on out onto the lawn for that unique big-screen experience.
- Melba’s Are Selling A Social Distancing 1.5m Log of ChocolateMelba’s have created the sweetest solution to help you maintain adequate social distancing
- These Adelaide Venues Are Using COVID-19 To Do Some Pretty Amazing RenovationsTake a look at some of the amazing makeovers that went on around Adelaide while we were diligently self-isolating these last few months.
- Vinnies Reopens Six More Stores For Your Op Shopping FixThe Elizabeth, Norwood, Mt Baker, Mt Gambier, Whyalla and Whyalla Westland stores reopening.