While it’s not exactly a castle, The Manor Basket Range is undoubtedly one of the most decadent and historically significant buildings in South Australia.
When you stay at The Manor, you’re likely going to awaken to the sounds of birds singing, while you look over the rolling hills and orchards of the glorious Adelaide Hills.
The Manor boasts 12 beautifully refurbished townhouse style rooms that you can relax in as well as wander through the gardens to find quiet spaces to retreat, read, or enjoy a cheeky glass of wine.
Sounds like a fairytale, right?
Well, The Manor is upping the ante with the opening of their Tasting Room, a new offering on their stunning grounds where you can enjoy some of the Adelaide Hill’s best small batch, low intervention wines.
The wine selection will change every few months so the team are keeping things fresh for visitors.
The first producers include Scanlon Wines, Hills Collide, Architects of Wine, Leko Wines, Brothers Koerner Wines, and Piccadilly Vineyards.
You can opt for a flight or a glass, half-bottle, or bottle. Go crazy.
While you’re tasting your new favourite release, also nibble on an assortment of grazing platters packed with local produce including Udder Delights Cheese, Barossa Cheese Co, Skarla Smallgoods, Bremer Dips, Baylies Epicurean Delights, and Pangkarra Lavosh.
They also offer coffee, courtesy of the specialty masters at Dawn Patrol.
Their standard opening hours are Thursday to Monday, from 10am ’til 4pm.
Over the festive season, however, they’ll be closed on December 24 and 25, and January 1.
Until the team launch an online booking system, groups of six or more can book by emailing [email protected].
Find the Manor Basket Range at 762 Lobethal Road, Basket Range SA.
More info at https://themanorbr.com.au/.
- Cabaret Festival Review: Songs Of Don3.5 Presented by Adelaide Festival Centre Reviewed 18 June 2021 What should be immediately obvious walking out of Songs of Don is the genius of the man’s songwriting ability. Described as “the most Australian writer there has ever been”, this curated collection of some of Don Walker’s greatest hits–and a few lesser known numbers–throws into […]
- Cabaret Festival Review: L’HôtelFrance has come to Adelaide and it is delectable
- Cabaret Festival Review: Brent Ray Fraser The Naked ArtistFun adult only experience in visual art creation.
- Cabaret Festival Review: Young Talent Time 50th AnniversaryThey charmed us, they rocked us and the audience was with them every step of the way
- Cabaret Festival Review: Selina Jenkins – BoobsBoobs demands attention and does not disappoint.