All images by Meaghan Coles
In 2018, Golding Wines created The Nido Experience, and it’s safe to say everyone was pretty excited about it.
Nido, meaning Nest in Italian, refers to the whimsical, hand-woven, tasting nest Golding had assembled. The name is a nod of gratitude to the Golding family members who arrived from Italy in the 1920s and made the Adelaide Hills their home.
The gorgeous little venue, which you were able to book out with a picnic, and wines, played host to many a memorable catch up, proposal, and girls’ day out, overlooking the stunning Adelaide Hills.
Then as quickly as it appeared in our lives, it was tragically taken from us in last year’s bushfires.
Luckily for us, the team at Golding Wines are a resilient bunch, and got straight on with a rebuild, which has finally been completed, with their first booking being made over the Valentine’s Day weekend.
Guests are invited back to once again enjoy an afternoon encased in the nest, overlooking the winery’s Western Branch Vineyard.
The experience offers a selection of Golding’s award-winning wines, and a seasonal, four-course grazing lunch.
The nest can be booked for three hours. Guests are invited to “come on, climb up, get comfy, and settle in”.
Western Branch Collective Members – $150pp Non-Members – $170pp
This includes a welcome drink on arrival, a shared 5-course lunch of seasonal dishes created by Head Chef, De Buys Nortier, all drinks, dedicated service from your own personal concierge, and exclusive use of our nest for 3hrs.
Min 4, max 6
3 hours, starting at 11:45am sharp arrival for a 12-3pm booking
- Theatre Review: The Wedding Singer- the Musical ComedyLike a good pair of electric pink leg warmers, this show has all the makings of a great fashion trend.
- Adelaide agency The Models holding open auditions in search for new talentGroundbreaking local modelling agency The Models is holding open auditions in a search for new talent – no experience required.
- Alan Cumming’s Adelaide Cabaret Festival 2021 program unveiledAlan Cumming – the festival’s first international Artistic Director in its 21-year history – presents the 2021 Adelaide Cabaret Festival program as his personal “love letter” to Australia.
- New Adelaide Hills cellar door, Simon Tolley Wines, opening next monthOffering a choice of five cool range wine flights for $20, Simon Tolley Wines Cellar Door guests can also expect to accompany their tasting with artisan cheese from Section28.
- MasterChef star to host one-off dumpling dinner partyMasterChef Australia’s Brendan Pang, and creative genius behind Perth dim sum restaurant, Bumplings, is coming to Sprout and bringing his dumpling expertise with him.