Finding that sweet spot on the LIFE/WORK balance scales can be a challenge but don’t fret, the ‘professional relaxation researchers’ from Lujo have compiled their top 10 tips for creating the perfect equilibrium. While we tend to just grab a bottle of South Australian shiraz to help us get through a stressful week, these tips seem to be a little more productive 😉
01. Running around all week? There’s nothing we can think of that would beat kicking back in a luxury free-standing Taj Hammock (pictured above) and just relax. Add one of their attachable bluetooth® speakers and zone out. We’ve even had a staff meeting to see if we could squeeze one of these gems in to the office!
02. Ingest some culture by venturing out to the movie theater. The soon-to-be-released flick about German-American architect Mies van der Rohe, starring Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal, is at the top of our list.
03. Head down to your local swimming pool and get your freestyle on. Easy on the body and great for the mind, swimming is our favorite, year-round stress-buster.
04. Get your hands on a copy of one of Berlin-based book publisher Gestalten’s new releases. From Inside Utopia to Wanderlust , there’s something for everyone.
05. Experience the ultimate in deep relaxation in a floatation tank. Designed to allow your body to float effortlessly, take pressure off tired joints and muscles whilst recalibrating your mind.
06. Round up a few friends and get social. Pop a few Kyoto Outdoor Bean Bags (pictured above) into the mix, add some wine and cheese and you’re set for the weekend. TIP: Stock up on your cheese at the upcoming Cheese-A-Holics Cheese Festival at Plant 4 in Bowden.
07. Netflix and chill with the newly-released docu-series Abstract: The Art of Design. Step inside the minds of the world’s leading designers with director Scott Dadich, editor-in-chief of WIRED .
08. Unplug the electronics and go on an adventure! Brush off your activewear, go hiking and trigger those feel-good endorphins. Check out our guide to some of the best South Australian walks here.
09. Explore your spiritual side with The Book of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. This New York Times best seller is a must-read for those searching for lasting happiness in a changing world.
10. Partake in some rest and relaxation by indulging in a massage. Perfect for office workers who suffer from back pain, headaches or postural issues.