Photo by John Krüger
Find a host of last-minute gourmet gifts and ultra-fresh produce straight from the farm at this year’s special Twilight Christmas Farmers’ Market.
Support local farming families when you shop small and local this Christmas.
With Christmas falling on a Friday this year, Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market brings you the perfect opportunity to
pick up your fresh produce on the day before Christmas Eve.
The market will have stalls offering everything from freshly picked cherries to pesticide free vegetables and sustainably grown salad greens.
Buy fresh Coffin Bay oysters, artisanal bread, farmhouse cheese, locally caught fish, free range eggs and 100% South Australian free-range meat and smallgoods (pre-ordering is advised for meat orders https://adelaidefarmersmarket.com.au/farmers-marketpre-orders/).
As well as fresh from the farm fruit and vegetables there are also delicious gourmet goodies perfect for last minute gifts, including limited edition Ginny Pig Distillery Christmas gin, handmade five layer Slavic honey cake at Lato Cakery, gin and tonic marmalade at FIAJE Jams, gluten free panettone and fruit mince pies at Just Gluten Free, organic wines by Grancari Wine Estate and flavoured almonds by Taronga Almonds.
As well as last minute shopping there’s great food to enjoy on the night, meet up with friends at the market to enjoy a curry by Ragini Dey, some freshly baked handmade treats by From Scratch Vegan Patisserie or Asian street food at Sushi by Jo.
Popular stalls attending the twilight market will include:
The Bucket Project Microgreens
Bushtucker Ice Cream
Coffin Bay Premium Oysters
Fleurieu Milk Company
From Scratch Vegan Patisserie
Ginny Pig Distillery
Gooseberry Hill Farms
Just Gluten Free Bakery
Let Them Eat…
The Local Fish
Merry Cherry Farms
Najobe (pre-order collections only)
Pomology @ Tarrawood
Riverside Farms Pastured Eggs & Pasta
SA Bio Char & Honey
Salad Greens & Kitchen Herbs
San Jose Smallgoods
Sushi by Jo
Tsimiklis Family Produce
Please note there will be no Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market on Sunday 27th December to give South Aussie farmers a well-deserved day off with their families.
The regular weekly markets return on Sunday 3rd January.
More details: www.adelaidefarmersmarket.com.au
When: 5pm – 9pm Wednesday 23rd December 2020
Where: The Adelaide Showgrounds, Entry via Rose Terrace
How much: FREE Entry
Parking: Free for the first hour then $5 for up to three hours after that.
Stalls: The small local businesses that trade at Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market every week must pass their strict market criteria of growing, raising, catching, making and baking their food in South Australia. For example, sausage rolls must be baked in SA and contain SA raised pork and use SA flour and butter for the pastry. All eggs and meat sold at the market are free range. For products like rice and coffee which cannot be grown in SA, the markets insist on Australian grown, or if it can’t be grown in Australia, it must be fair trade.
- Santa’s Wonderland extends dates, ’til after ChristmasAfter an almost sell out pre Christmas season Santa’s Wonderland will extend its event until the 28th December.
- Outdoor and indoor Christmas gathering restrictions releasedShared utensils are okay, but socialising with strangers is still out.
- Make Christmas extra, extra special with this intriguing take on the PanforteCucina Classica have unveiled a Panforte with a unique twist to its recipe, featuring the mouth-watering combo of chocolate and fig.
- A dry, sunny day for Christmas Day, says Bureau of MeteorologyA sunny day with a temperature max in the mid-to-high 20s is expected for Christmas Day in Adelaide.
- King William Road encourages SA to shop local this ChristmasThe City of Unley is celebrating its 2020 Mainstreet SA award win for the King William Road precinct upgrade by taking the opportunity to remind South Australians to shop and dine locally this festive season.