This Thursday 25 February, Uber has teamed up with the Purina Pets at Work mission, along with local animal shelters to bring UberPUPPIES to 8 cities across Australia, including Adelaide.
Help man’s best friend as the initiative helps to foster adoptions and facilitate giving back to local shelter partners.
With research from Purina Pets at Work showing that having pets in the office can reduce stress and improve productivity, this is the perfect excuse to have a puppy at work!
On Thursday, riders in each city will be able to request some puppy play time via the Uber app. If successful Uber driver-partners will deliver puppies from each city’s partner shelter for some puppy snuggles. Puppies will be provided and chaperoned by a shelter representative and an Uber representative at every stop.
This is impawsibly awesome! With this being the first time that UberPUPPIES has come to Australia, it will be anything but business as usual when these adorable canine-didates from animal shelters across Australia visit your office!
So how does it all work?
1. Open your Uber app between 12pm and 4pm.
2. Request the “PUPPIES” option
3. If puppies are available, you and your colleagues will enjoy 15 minutes of puppy love.
4. It’s just a $40 snuggle fee and Uber and Purina will in turn support participating animal shelters. Plus, all lucky puppy recipients will get an Uber and Purina gift bag.
5. Found the perfect canine-didate? All puppies will be up for adoption.
Adelaide’s CBD will be serviced by SA Dog Rescue.
And the very impawtent details:
· UberPUPPIES will be available on Thursday, 25th February from 12pm – 4pm (local time) for office deliveries in CBDs nationally.
· DEMAND FOR PUPPIES WILL BE HIGH & AVAILABILITY LIMITED.
· Can’t get puppies? Don’t terrier self up. Keep trying as Uber will be working themselves to the bone to deliver as many puppy snuggles as possible.
· NO CASH REQUIRED!
· Snuggle fees will be charged to your Uber account. Remember, Uber will in turn support your local participating shelter. Shelter representatives will also be available to accept cash donations during puppy visits. Please notify the shelter representative at the time if you require a tax receipt to ensure your details are noted.
· BE SURE TO PUPPY-PROOF!
· All successful requesters will be subject to a series of screening questions for puppy safety. Make sure your boss and building is cool with the furry addition to your team and that no one is allergic. A dedicated enclosed puppy playroom is necessary. Check out Purina’s Pets At Work tips.
· FOUND THE PERFECT CANINE-DIDATE?
· All UberPUPPIES are up for adoption! Just ask the local shelter representative for more information. When they launched #UberKITTENS last year, dozens of kittens found new homes.
If you miss out on Uber & Purina’s #UberPUPPIES you can still make a pawsitive impact by visiting your local shelter, donating online, and spreading the word about pet adoption on social media.