Photo for illustration purposes
After closing all their South Australian stores on March 28th due to the Coronavirus crisis, the first Vinnies shop re-opened yesterday.
Vinnies Hawthorn store was the first to open as part of a staged approach to re-open their network of shops across the state.
The timing of the reopening ahead of Winter, teamed with the fact that many families have been affected by job losses and financial hardship due to the pandemic, means Vinnies now needs your help more than ever.
When COVID-19 hit SA, the op shop chain was forced to close its doors, meaning they weren’t able to take in their regular donations. This resulted in the loss of half of Vinnies funding.
Now with the Hawthorn store’s reopening, Vinnies are looking for winter donations – good quality winter clothes, jumpers, blankets, jackets. Quality is really important though, as the dumping of unwanted goods causes all sorts of issues for the charity. The rule of thumb is, if you wouldn’t give it to your best friend, don’t give it to a charity.
While SA is doing really well in the battle against COVID-19, Vinnies are putting additional measures in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of customers, and team members. These include:
• An extensive cleaning regime, including additional cleaning throughout the day and each evening
• The provision of personal protective equipment for all team members
• Hand sanitising stations at the shop entrance
• The installation of protective shields
• Quarantining of donated items before sale
• Ensuring social distancing recommendations are adhered to within the shop.
Please be generous as the Vinnies network begins their own road to recovery.
Pop in to Vinnies Hawthorn (SA) at 21 Abbotshall Rd from Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm, and Saturdays 10am – 4pm to get your op shop fix!