Good news for Op Shoppers, six more Vinnies Stores opened back up on Monday May 25.
The news comes after the successful re-openings of Hawthorn and Kidman Park stores in the past week after the closure of all South Australian Vinnies stores on March 28 due to coronavirus.
The lucky six stores are all around the state, Elizabeth, Norwood, Mt Baker, Mt Gambier, Whyalla and Whyalla Westland.
Vinnies SA said they have been ‘heartened’ by the support for the two already open stores and are hopeful they’ll see a similar outpouring of support for these six.
COVID-19 has had a huge effect on Vinnies itself and the people that rely on Vinnies for much needed support.
With this chilly weather, winter woollies are needed urgently, so if you have any good quality winter clothes they would be much appreciated.
It’s been a cold few weeks here in SA and it’s only going to get colder so it’s the perfect time to beef up your winter wardrobe with some great bargains where the proceeds go to a wonderful cause.
Good condition is key here as unwanted clothes cause all sorts of problems for charities.
Vinnies are going above and beyond to ensure shoppers’ safety.
Measures they are taking include:
- An extensive cleaning regime, including additional cleaning throughout the day and each evening
- The provision of personal protective equipment for all team members
- Hand sanitising stations at the shop entrance
- The installation of protective shields
- Quarantining of donated items before sale
- Ensuring social distancing recommendations are adhered to within the shop.
At the moment it’s just these six stores that have re-opened but more are likely to follow; keep up to date with their openings through their Facebook page.