As border restrictions preventing Western Australia from accepting South Aussies into their state continues, Premier Steven Marshall has suggested a solution in time for Christmas.
Western Australia Premier Mark McGowan revealed today that their border restrictions with South Australia won’t be lifted until Christmas Day.
While this decision will no doubt be heartbreaking for many families, South Australia’s Premier has posted on Facebook, suggesting that while Western Australia may be closed to South Australia, our state is open to Western Australians.
He said “I have a message to people with families in Western Australia. Enjoy Christmas together in South Australia.”
With our restrictions easing even further this week, there are plenty of fantastic experiences, holiday destinations, bar, restaurants and cafes, welcoming people back from all over Australia.
Check out Glam Adelaide’s guide section for some great ideas of what to do over the Christmas break – and let’s welcome Western Australians into our beautiful State.
- The Triple J Hottest 100 countdown parties in AdelaideThese are the venues around SA that are embracing the Triple J’s Hottest 100 Countdown in all its summertime glory with events.
- A guide to Valentine’s Day in Adelaide for couples (and singles)Fresh out of ideas to impress your lover, date, crush or whoever you’re diggin’ this Valentine’s Day? Never fear. We have the guide for you.
- What’s on in Adelaide this Australia DayAustralia Day is upon us and we’ve got your guide to some of the best events across Adelaide.
- Your guide to eating South Australian at City CrossHere is our guide for where you can grab South Australian brand delights in City Cross.
- 21 Adelaide & SA craft beer microbreweries worth frothing overAhh, beer! Surely the gift that keeps on giving, connoisseur or not.