The biggest film production that South Australia has ever seen was announced recently. Mortal Kombat, a New Line Cinema production by debut director, Simon McQuoid, will be filming in the Adelaide Studio’s Sound Stages in the near future.
Post-production will also take place in South Australia’s internationally acclaimed visual effects and post-production facilities.
The coolest part about this is that you (yes, you!) have the opportunity to be a part of it! As of today, Heesom Casting have finally announced the callout for extras.
There are hundreds of roles to be cast, so if you’re interested in being part of this major blockbuster feature film, head on down to meet the Australian Casting Directors on Saturday 17 August.
The call is for people of all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, and backgrounds. To represent the range of characters in Mortal Kombat, there are also specialty roles available for:
- Japanese men, women, and children (aged 5+)
- Athletic women of Chinese descent
- Martial artists of Asian descent
- Diehard footy, boxing, wrestling, and MMA fans
- Professional body builders, MMA fighters, and wrestlers
- People with body art, piercings, crazy hair styles, etc.
- People of African, Hispanic, Latio/a, Indigenous American, and Korean descent
- 9 to 12 year old girls of Chinese descent
- Indigenous Australians
What do you need to do? Just rock up! Bring with you a pen for paperwork, a water bottle and snacks for those waiting times, and an umbrella in case of rain. You’re also asked to know your height, shoe size, shirt size, and jean size.
There you have it, Adelaide! Jot down Saturday 17 August in your diary and from 9am to 2pm head on over to Heesom Casting for your chance to have your name on the credits.
For more information, check out the callout page here.
You can find Heesom Casting at Adelaide Studios, 1 Mulberry Road, Glenside 5065.